CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stopped by St Peters in Chester Springs on my way home. I hadn’t been there in years. A lot of my mother’s Pennsylvania German ancestors are buried there going back to the 1700’s. I couldn’t find any of them this time, many of the stones are so old and weathered you don’t have a chance of reading them unless you wet them down. I did stumble across this one though. It had a flag so he was a veteran. I wonder what war though, he would have been a bit old for the Revolutionary War and others were marked as such.

da5c59f45a232684eab533d8ade1c581.jpg


Of course I also got the glamour shots. That’s what this is all about, isn’t it?

d1cce904f50bd18b0e597a029811797d.jpg

75991bb9bab240b7ba4575d466c5a23b.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Neat KE. Man that dude has been there a long time.
 
303698e125d28e8f03f20f658df1c778.jpg


Joint entry from Inhousebob, The A-man, Misterprofessionality, and Cytocatlady. On our 200 mile loop around the WNC mountains today. We found this dead people garden during a wrong turn outside Hot Springs.
 
LOL that's awesome! Way to go guys (and gal)
 
Laraghbryan is the site of an old monastic settlement, cemetery and ruined church about 10 minutes from my work. The entrance was just too narrow to get the bike through. There were people tending graves so I'm not sure I would of driven in anyway :s



 
Great photos, Tev. I love the ruins and the old graves. In England, every village had at least one church and every church had an old cemetery. In Japan, there were also many beautiful cemeteries, but here I am finding it hard to find the cemeteries. A few years ago, when doing my family history research, I found old family cemeteries in Kansas, Maryland and Illinois and some of them were even falling into ruin. Maybe my next ride will be to search out a good burial ground.
 
Thread starter
Around here, there are a lot of Taverns that have Tombstones inside. (this might be a regional reference and perhaps not a funny one at that)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top