CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
the 11th of the month and only 1 contestant submission so far? Was this a bad subject?
Weather's been uncooperative until this week; I've been dying to contribute! ;)

I will likely have one posted by the end of the day.
 
You’re a superstar, Au₂O₃!
 
Cormanus_imp said:
You’re a superstar, Au₂O₃!
(**sigh**) Irresistible Cormanus.



You know, just thinking ... listening to tunes like this while riding the CB1100 (or maybe any bike for that matter), could put one into a dangerous trance. :-/
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Nachodaddy_imp said:
For all we know, many on this Forum may be too young for that name to mean anything.
I did not miss that Nach. :thumbsup:
I did not miss that Nach. :thumbsup: I am astonished that you knew what that small brown blob was in the background of Gone's photo. I knew it was probably some kind of crypt, but no idea whose it was. Had you been there? How did you know?
:beerchug:
For those who don't know, Richard Carpenter has a very nice car collection. Jay Leno had him on "Jay Leno's Garage," and showed the cars.
 
Thread starter
Headstones and milestones.

692610e5b2c20eade6b6d3e70e846cc6.jpg


4fe92a1647667feeb8b288698e356999.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
One of the oldest cemeteries in the area. The monument is dedicated the US Civil War. The small, white but tarnished headstones surrounding the monument mark the resting places of Union soldiers.
 
The ferret_imp said:
the 11th of the month and only 1 contestant submission so far? Was this a bad subject?
Don’t worry… We’ve Only Just Begun….
 
:rofl:

For all we know, this could end up being a great subject after all
 
Yeah GO… hard to see how you could have spotted the Carpenter family crypt in the background of a grainy phone pic.

I was traveling all day yesterday for work and was on a job site all day today mulling around what you were getting at in the photo. Figuring mausoleum, I was thinking maybe a set from a Vincent Price film or one of the Planet of the Apes movies?

How did you know that was it?
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Yeah GO… hard to see how you could have spotted the Carpenter family crypt in the background of a grainy phone pic.

I was traveling all day yesterday for work and was on a job site all day today mulling around what you were getting at in the photo. Figuring mausoleum, I was thinking maybe a set from a Vincent Price film or one of the Planet of the Apes movies?

How did you know that was it?
Ah ya, ... no mystery really.

It was brought up in conversation on the Africa Twin Forum. I had been to L.A. a few times, but too many things to do and not enough time. Ultimately it led to this:



I checked out the Google Maps Street View and thought, "Hmmm, wonder if Gone could get close for the CB1100 Monthly Challenge?".

Too bad Costco being so close. :-/
 
Ok, I was confused, as there’s no Costco near Hollywood Forever. The cemetery in your Google Map is in Westlake Village, quite a ways from Hollywood.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Ha got one past you sharp eyed sleuths

:thumbsup:

I think my first one may have been missed as well.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top