CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be a very fitting way to go, Tev.

I was cleaning up my office a while back, and found a type-written letter I had submitted quite a few years ago before I had set out on a job that had the poetential for serious injury if one weren't careful. It contained instructions for my final disposition. I was to have my ashes spread over the Indy 500 from the back of a C130 by Chuck Norris.
 
Aunt Georgina is at Holy Sepulcher on the other side of town, and figured she needed a visit too.

Who knew this month’s challenge would become such a family reunion?
 
Headed to the museum this morning, I made a quick stop at the hippest cemetery in L.A., called Hollywood Forever. Located on Santa Monica Blvd, it’s surrounded by several movie and TV studios. Several celebrities are buried here, along with an aunt and uncle of Mrs. G’s who passed away years ago before I could meet them.

It’s somewhat of a destination. When I went through, a yoga class was taking place. They also host movies outdoors on the lawn during summer. Too hazy this morning, but looking up the street from the entrance road gives a decent view of the Hollywood sign.
 
A lot fancier than the burial fields we have around here
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Headed to the museum this morning, I made a quick stop at the hippest cemetery in L.A., called Hollywood Forever. Located on Santa Monica Blvd, it’s surrounded by several movie and TV studios. Several celebrities are buried here, along with an aunt and uncle of Mrs. G’s who passed away years ago before I could meet them.

It’s somewhat of a destination. When I went through, a yoga class was taking place. They also host movies outdoors on the lawn during summer. Too hazy this morning, but looking up the street from the entrance road gives a decent view of the Hollywood sign.
Unique idea Gone.

I wonder how hard it would be Gone to get the CB1100 set-up "close" to this landmark in the distance and center? Recognize it?



Hint: The closest I was able to get was about 10 kilometers as the crow flies from Bell Canyon, CA.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Not sure what building you’re referring to there…
About "one inch" (viewed on PC screen) from the top of the image and center and near a pair of tall, narrow trees/bushes.



If I gave you a close-up, then it would reveal the answer.

Not sure how close the CB could get to it. I suppose close if there is no security is around, but that might also be disrespectful.
 
I’ll have to get on a computer. From my phone I see a tan colored thing I’m assuming is a mausoleum…
 
I hope you feel on top of the world after that gag, Au₂O₃.
 
the 11th of the month and only 1 contestant submission so far? Was this a bad subject?
 
I saw Karen in concert once (with Richard of course). Still got the pictures somewhere. Loved Karen...
 
Actually, I like this theme and, if I lived almost anyplace else, I'd be out there getting pictures. England has a church or two in every village and each has a cemetery. I have lots of photos of Japanese cemeteries, but not so much here. Haven't looked for a cemetery around here for a few years. Of course, if Tombstone weren't so far away, their Boot Hill would be ideal.
 
Nachodaddy_imp said:
For all we know, many on this Forum may be too young for that name to mean anything.
Thankfully, Karen and company had more than enough material to be "rediscovered" forever into the future.

Now, how to pose a CB1100 with "Karen" is another issue. (could be too much of a challenge)
 
The ferret_imp said:
the 11th of the month and only 1 contestant submission so far? Was this a bad subject?
No, it's a very good one...I find cemetaries fascinating. It's just that "April showers bring May flowers"...which, might be a good theme.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top