CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time I come home from the airport, I catch a glimpse of this very curious van in a parking lot adjacent to a freeway ramp coming out of John Wayne.

Clearly it’s a promotional vehicle for Igloo Coolers, and I’ve been meaning to take a closer look at it.

Due to work travel and weather, today was the first time I have been able to get my CB out of the barn this month, so I decided to track down the van on the way home from work.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Every time I come home from the airport, I catch a glimpse of this very curious van in a parking lot adjacent to a freeway ramp coming out of John Wayne.

Clearly it’s a promotional vehicle for Igloo Coolers, and I’ve been meaning to take a closer look at it.

Due to work travel and weather, today was the first time I have been able to get my CB out of the barn this month, so I decided to track down the van on the way home from work.
Whoa! So now we're uploading photos of playmates?!? Moderators???
 
Yeah … as long as they’re pictures of the Heffmobile and not the occupants it’ll be OK.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Every time I come home from the airport, I catch a glimpse of this very curious van in a parking lot adjacent to a freeway ramp coming out of John Wayne.

Clearly it’s a promotional vehicle for Igloo Coolers, and I’ve been meaning to take a closer look at it.

Due to work travel and weather, today was the first time I have been able to get my CB out of the barn this month, so I decided to track down the van on the way home from work.
Neat Gone.

Always sumthin' interesting to find in SoCal. :thumbsup:
 
Since this is near the airport, my plan was to track down the van, then roll over to the nearby Triumph Guzzi dealer to check out the V100, as it's actually supposed to be there now. But, just missed before they closed, so that will be another visit.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Since this is near the airport, my plan was to track down the van, then roll over to the nearby Triumph Guzzi dealer to check out the V100, as it's actually supposed to be there now. But, just missed before they closed, so that will be another visit.
That would be cool Gone. In addition, all the V100s in our region have long been sold.

Makes me wonder about the status of any V100 remaining on a showroom floor that does not have a sign like, "SOLD. Do not sit.".
 
I know the local dealer has a waiting list. Recently they held a launch event with a local ride to mark the introduction of the bike, but I was out of town. I am hoping they might have one that's claimed but not picked up yet. No chance of me buying one, just want to see one after all of the dreamy promotional videos for it.
Nice sunny day today, maybe I'll try to swing by from the office.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
I know the local dealer has a waiting list. Recently they held a launch event with a local ride to mark the introduction of the bike, but I was out of town. I am hoping they might have one that's claimed but not picked up yet. No chance of me buying one, just want to see one after all of the dreamy promotional videos for it.
Nice sunny day today, maybe I'll try to swing by from the office.
Good. At least there is a waiting list - for 2023?

Our local dealers won't have any to show for 2023 as their sad allocations are already sold.
 
How about a pic of your bike at a local cemetery?

18a4c4ac414ccd02a4295a1b07589e8b.jpg


extra points for some cool info on it

d1f73e3b16b8eba92002de7a9e65bdef.jpg
 
Does a junkyard count? It's a graveyard for cars, right?
Need to pick up a door handle for the old van later today.
 
Lol no, let's make it a people graveyard. You'll probably pass several on your way to the junkyard. They are everywhere (thats why I picked that subject figuring everyone knew of a local cemetery, so many could participate.)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top