CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
spechg_imp said:
Went looking for a tree today and found this one.
The other reason for today's ride was to test out my new Revit heated gloves. Nice to have toasty hands for a change.
That's a great tree. reminds me of the Live Oaks we have over here.
 
What a lovely example of the CB1100! Magnificent tree too.
 
Oooh, nice shot spechg! That's a fine looking tree. I also love a seldomly-seen CB. Very elegant looking. Were the side covers and front fender stock on this version? I like the stripe on the tank as well.
 
pdedse_imp said:
Oooh, nice shot spechg! That's a fine looking tree. I also love a seldomly-seen CB. Very elegant looking. Were the side covers and front fender stock on this version? I like the stripe on the tank as well.
Thanks. The bike is completely stock, including the side covers and mudguards. Given a choice, I think I would have preferred the tank to be stripeless though. Mr P kindly chose her for "Miss March" in this year's calendar and "Miss February" in last years one.
 
The roads are drying out from our days of rain, and hopefully, I'll ride to work on Sunday before the rain is scheduled to come back for next week. In the meantime, here's my calendar!
 
Thread starter
6098ce230c68896770a677335eaa06c6.jpg

Not the biggest tree, but the biggest tree in the area where I stopped on my 25-mile, 44°-Fahrenheit ride.

9d57282e362928640261080028529b72.jpg

An attempt at an artsy interpretation of the challenge.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Enjoying three days of moto-commuting before the rain is supposed to be coming back. Today, I rode the CB to work for the first time since changing my brake and clutch fluid over the holidays.

I snapped a tree along the way. Might be a cell tower tree, but it sure is tall! The bridge I'm on is way up there.
 
Thread starter
Happy February! Looks like tommymck gets to choose the topic. Hope the weather clears here enough so I can get out for whatever pic he asks for.
 
This is challenging, so much so I had to put an arrow in my photos to point out the blue sky! I scooted out at lunchtime today to buy a new petrol reserve light sender unit for my Triumph. The bike has a manual reserve tap at five litres and a reserve warning light at eight litres. Amazingly on a three day lead-time from my local Triumph dealer, for a twenty eight year old bike. :)

 
Tev62_imp said:
This is challenging, so much so I had to put an arrow in my photos to point out the blue sky! I scooted out at lunchtime today to buy a new petrol reserve light sender unit for my Triumph. The bike has a manual reserve tap at five litres and a reserve warning light at eight litres. Amazingly on a three day lead-time from my local Triumph dealer, for a twenty eight year old bike. :)
Three day lead time is pretty good, especially from a company that is from the U.K. :)

I remember getting Yamaha parts back in the 80's from Tokyo that took up to eight business days to arrive at the dealership. Back then, that seemed quite acceptable given its origin.
 
Heck, i was just going to roll my dead bike out of Mom's garage this morning, snap a pic, done deal.

But, the sun has decided not to come out, and the sky's grey. Boo!
 
Tev62_imp said:
This is challenging, so much so I had to put an arrow in my photos to point out the blue sky! I scooted out at lunchtime today to buy a new petrol reserve light sender unit for my Triumph. The bike has a manual reserve tap at five litres and a reserve warning light at eight litres. Amazingly on a three day lead-time from my local Triumph dealer, for a twenty eight year old bike. :)
:rofl:
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Heck, i was just going to roll my dead bike out of Mom's garage this morning, snap a pic, done deal.

But, the sun has decided not to come out, and the sky's grey. Boo!
Turtle-like behavior Gone?

I wonder if it saw its shadow?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top