CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not a shabby shot, Gone. And the bike looks lovely.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
My ancient phone wasn’t up to the task of capturing the sunset in Carlsbad this evening. Shame, as it was a rather interesting one. Here’s where I turned inland to head to Mom’s tonight to help with some chores.
So-kay Gone. Never tire of lookin' at the lump.
 
Thread starter
d137a89f3dcdb3905ae9fba7dde28f51.jpg

Lake Michigan - Gillson Sailing Beach, Wilmette, IL


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
EmptySea_imp said:
d137a89f3dcdb3905ae9fba7dde28f51.jpg

Lake Michigan - Gillson Sailing Beach, Wilmette, IL


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Super pic! I never noticed or forgot that you have that exhaust and the cool side cover.
 
Thread starter
Indeed it is.

d902dc6526dcf2496e82498989816f8b.jpg

Cool side covers! <g>

It appears that tommymck has the honor this month with his beautiful picture which I would title "Center Stand" if I were in the picture titling biz. I hesitated in bestowing this honor upon him only for a second and only because the "major" part of the "major body of water" requirement may not have been met. However, the beauty of the picture itself trumps any dispute that might have otherwise arisen, which, of course, has not arisen and now I have myself wondering why I'm still typing. I should really stop now.

tommymck - you have the Con. Let us know what you want to see in the August photos!
 
Am I right, EmptySea, that tommymck gets the call for September?

PS: Nice calendar photo.
 
I was thinking of having this month's challenge be a picture of your bike with a mountain in the image (or hill or some other naturally occurring feature with vertical extent), and went so far as to take a snap to illustrate while I was off on my own this afternoon... But I realized that would bias towards the gang here where all they'd have to do is get a wide angle shot of their bike in the hotel parking lot tomorrow...

So, instead, let's do a picture of your bike with a vintage bike in the image someplace. Can be any vintage bike... Doesn't have to be yours, and to keep it flexible, "vintage" for this purpose is any bike made prior to 1995.

 
tommymck_imp said:
I was thinking of having this month's challenge be a picture of your bike with a mountain in the image (or hill or some other naturally occurring feature with vertical extent), and went so far as to take a snap to illustrate while I was off on my own this afternoon... But I realized that would bias towards the gang here where all they'd have to do is get a wide angle shot of their bike in the hotel parking lot tomorrow...

So, instead, let's do a picture of your bike with a vintage bike in the image someplace. Can be any vintage bike... Doesn't have to be yours, and to keep it flexible, "vintage" for this purpose is any bike made prior to 1995.
:thumbsup: Yeah, baby!
 
I swung by the Bike Shed on the way home from work today and caught this sweet Guzzi El Dorado.

Speaking of vintage, dig the ‘49 Ford in the background.
 
cookiemech_imp said:
tommymck, absolutely LOVELY photo of your two beauties!
Yep...one of the most beautiful photos you'll see of bikes n garage. If you were feeling out-of-sorts, you could do worse than pulling up a chair with your favorite beverage and just...stare.
 
tommymck, it just dawned on me that your glorious photo is reminiscent of Honda’s advertisement for the 2017 CB1100.
 
That picture is very awesome, Tommy - I would really like to hear the explanation of that very deliberately cut piece of carpet under the older bike.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
That picture is very awesome, Tommy - I would really like to hear the explanation of that very deliberately cut piece of carpet under the older bike.
Great pics GI60! Exactly what I was talking about.

Regarding the carpet, it came out of a boat that I used to own. The cutouts were for seat pedestals and a deck storage locker. I use it now to crawl around whatever bike I'm messing with.
 
Aaah a boat... that makes sense. I was thinking '80s Toyota van? No, too wide.

Wow, nice collection!
 
tommymck_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
That picture is very awesome, Tommy - I would really like to hear the explanation of that very deliberately cut piece of carpet under the older bike.
Great pics GI60! Exactly what I was talking about.

Regarding the carpet, it came out of a boat that I used to own. The cutouts were for seat pedestals and a deck storage locker. I use it now to crawl around whatever bike I'm messing with.
Beautiful.

There is room for more.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top