CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was pure dumb luck... I put the bike on the center stand so there was no way that was planned. Speaking of the center stand, I can't figure it, but it suddenly went from near impossible to piece of cake. I figured out the secret which is so secret that I don't even know what it is. Oh well...
 
tommymck_imp said:
That was pure dumb luck... I put the bike on the center stand so there was no way that was planned. Speaking of the center stand, I can't figure it, but it suddenly went from near impossible to piece of cake. I figured out the secret which is so secret that I don't even know what it is. Oh well...
Yeah, the OEM CB1100 center stand has got to be one of the most buttery I've ever used. Not quite pinky finger effort, but getting close.
 
I have to agree on the center-stand. First bike I have ever had where I had no trouble at all getting the bike on the centerstand. Took me 81 years.
 
Nachodaddy_imp said:
I have to agree on the center-stand. First bike I have ever had where I had no trouble at all getting the bike on the centerstand. Took me 81 years.

:rofl:
c36b90a1059638f030a70ace67b88276.gif
 
Nachodaddy_imp said:
I have to agree on the center-stand. First bike I have ever had where I had no trouble at all getting the bike on the centerstand. Took me 81 years.
From one perspective, that is a pretty awesome statement Nach.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Nachodaddy_imp said:
I have to agree on the center-stand. First bike I have ever had where I had no trouble at all getting the bike on the centerstand. Took me 81 years.
From one perspective, that is a pretty awesome statement Nach.
From one perspective, that is a pretty awesome statement Nach. Ooopsie, I forgot - I didn't start trying to put a bike on a centerstand until I was 37 years old, so it only took me 44 years. Never was very good at math. Liked the Harley because I didn't have to worry about the centerstand.
:biker:
 
Nachodaddy_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Nachodaddy_imp said:
I have to agree on the center-stand. First bike I have ever had where I had no trouble at all getting the bike on the centerstand. Took me 81 years.
From one perspective, that is a pretty awesome statement Nach.
From one perspective, that is a pretty awesome statement Nach. Ooopsie, I forgot - I didn't start trying to put a bike on a centerstand until I was 37 years old, so it only took me 44 years. Never was very good at math. Liked the Harley because I didn't have to worry about the centerstand.
:biker:
:thumbsup:
 
Here is my effort, taken about an hour ago on a detoured way to work. The water body is the Blessington Lakes which were man made, they act as a water reservoir. To get there I went round the back of Russborough House which was built in 1752, these country walls would of been part of the old estate. It is open to the public now and a popular but understated attraction.



 
Beautiful place. Makes me wish my ancestors had never left. Of course they didn't have Japanese motorcycles in the 1600s, either.
 
Decided to scout out as many back lanes around the lakes to get a few more shots today, some I knew others I found. I love aimlessly exploring, two wheels is the perfect transport for it. Passed an CB1100RS too, very tasty.








Nachodaddy_imp said:
Beautiful place. Makes me wish my ancestors had never left. Of course they didn't have Japanese motorcycles in the 1600s, either.
Good move on their part, they skipped the famine! :D
 
Nachodaddy_imp said:
Beautiful place. Makes me wish my ancestors had never left. Of course they didn't have Japanese motorcycles in the 1600s, either.
Good move on their part, they skipped the famine! :D
[/QUOTE]

:thumbsup::beerchug: We seem to be lucky that way
 
Tev62_imp said:
Decided to scout out as many back lanes around the lakes to get a few more shots today, some I knew others I found. I love aimlessly exploring, two wheels is the perfect transport for it. Passed an CB1100RS too, very tasty.








Nachodaddy_imp said:
Beautiful place. Makes me wish my ancestors had never left. Of course they didn't have Japanese motorcycles in the 1600s, either.
Good move on their part, they skipped the famine! :D
Looked like a decent (cool?) day to have that journey. Don't like the blinding sun all day all the time.
 
This will be an easy one for me. Ironic however that the challenge began the day I left for a 1400 mile journey with nothing but ocean to my left, and I was on another bike!

Now that I’m home, I should be able to come up with a good shot of my CB and the ocean. I have a lake and a reservoir nearby, but the water levels are down so far that the water itself would be nowhere in sight from where I could park my bike!
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Tev62_imp said:
Decided to scout out as many back lanes around the lakes to get a few more shots today, some I knew others I found. I love aimlessly exploring, two wheels is the perfect transport for it. Passed an CB1100RS too, very tasty.








Nachodaddy_imp said:
Beautiful place. Makes me wish my ancestors had never left. Of course they didn't have Japanese motorcycles in the 1600s, either.
Good move on their part, they skipped the famine! :D
Looked like a decent (cool?) day to have that journey. Don't like the blinding sun all day all the time.
Same here. It was mild enough, overcast, but bone dry. Not sunny enough enough to bring out the idiots but dry enough to enjoy the day.
 
It was a bit hot today, so I saved my ride for the evening. I wanted to get photos by the ocean where Mrs. Gone and I like to walk when we're by the beach. As I found out, however, there are few places where you can park and get a good photo of your bike with the ocean in the background.

The photo with all of the boats in the background is Newport Beach Harbor, looking at Balboa Island. I particularly like this spot, because before everything was developed into beach-front houses with luxury yachts, plastic surgery offices (I'm taking this photo from the parking lot of one) and other frippery, Buster Keaton used this exact location for filming most scenes that involved a car or motorcycle running into water, or boating scenes. It's a great place to walk around.

My favorite view of the beach in Orange County is visible for a glimpse along Pacific Coast Highway before it heads into Laguna. It's one of our favorite beach walks. Unfortunately, there is no place to safely stop and take a photo of a bike with this view, so my sunset GoPro snapshot will have to do.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top