CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great choice for a picture. I would like to visit the Peterson, but not enough to go to LA. I took a little ride at sunset yesterday, but no place worth photographing.
 
Thread starter
66 mile round trip on a 48° sunny, but very windy day. Destination: Gurnee, IL. Local landmark: Six Flags Great America Amusement Park.

I haven’t been to Great America in a long time. The way I see it, on my CB1100, the world is my amusement park.

3deb1688d71ad72c9baeb9f1b1ec39f6.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
EmptySea_imp said:
New month starts Tuesday. Tev62 has the honor, Your Honor.
Thanking you! OK, this might be easy for some and harder for others. A recent picture of your CB1100 in which there is no sign of human existence. i.e. no aircraft contrails, no power lines, street signs, buildings etc. The only exception is the road you are on.

To stop any sharp practices, close ups and the like, your bike must be fully visible from the side and not appear in more than 1/3 of the horizontal picture, the far horizon must be clearly visible.

Extra bonus points if you can set your camera/phone on a timer and get in the shot. Let the games begin!
 
Thread starter
Great Subject, Tev!
Reminder that the picture must be taken within the challenge month.


Meant to post this photo before the month’s challenge was issued. Will try to be more on top of it for April.
a6a8d613a71bfc8584bd8b4c64a71655.jpg

Houtman
 
This is a tough challenge out here in hilly farm country where the horizon begins and ends at the nearest hill or treeline lol. Rode 131 miles the last 2 days to get these

51327904078d1231508ef9f9da4d5810.jpg


8449e440de4b5453362ee8d8c0491eed.jpg
 
Thread starter
I think the spirit of the challenge was met and of course I love that you had to ride a long distance to get find a qualifying spot. The whole idea, as I've stated numerous times, is to encourage riders to ride. Now, even though I think these photos qualify, a sterner judge might point out that plowed-under farm fields are in fact a "sign of human existence". I know not whether Tev62 is as flexible, kind, and gentle as I am so perhaps we should let him have the final say.
 
LOL I just like to play along. Once you pay attention, finding a spot where you cannot see a power line, a fence, a house or barn in the distance or some sign of human existence is nearly impossible here. We are just not isolated enough in sw Ohio. Out west yea one would think it would be rather easy. Maybe in parts of Canada. I actually thought if there was a road near the ocean or a big enough lake you could pull it off, but so far those are the best that I can do.

I'd have ridden the 131 miles anyway lol.
 
The ferret_imp said:
This is a tough challenge out here in hilly farm country where the horizon begins and ends at the nearest hill or treeline lol. Rode 131 miles the last 2 days to get these

51327904078d1231508ef9f9da4d5810.jpg


8449e440de4b5453362ee8d8c0491eed.jpg
Is the second image from behind a cage window or sumthin'?
 
No thats the finger of my gloved hand blocking part of the camera lens in the upper left hand corner of my little camera. Happens a lot when I wear thick gloves. Seeing as how I stopped in the middle of a public highway I didnt take the time to take off my gloves and fetch my phone out of my zipped riding pants pocket.
 
The ferret_imp said:
No thats the finger of my gloved hand blocking part of the camera lens in the upper left hand corner of my little camera. Happens a lot when I wear thick gloves. Seeing as how I stopped in the middle of a public highway I didnt take the time to take off my gloves and fetch my phone out of my zipped riding pants pocket.
So..."in which there is no sign of human existence" :cool:

ahem...
 
The ferret_imp said:
This is a tough challenge out here in hilly farm country where the horizon begins and ends at the nearest hill or treeline lol. Rode 131 miles the last 2 days to get these

51327904078d1231508ef9f9da4d5810.jpg


8449e440de4b5453362ee8d8c0491eed.jpg
Ferret, is that one or two different red bikes? :)
 
Whattttt? Its my deluxe .... right side first pic, left side second pic. Cut off shield, small tank bag, Fehling rack. Do they look different to you?
 
The ferret_imp said:
Whattttt? Its my deluxe .... right side first pic, left side second pic. Cut off shield, small tank bag, Fehling rack. Do they look different to you?
lol...yeah, L side looks different than the R one..:D
:beerchug:
 
pdedse_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
No thats the finger of my gloved hand blocking part of the camera lens in the upper left hand corner of my little camera. Happens a lot when I wear thick gloves. Seeing as how I stopped in the middle of a public highway I didnt take the time to take off my gloves and fetch my phone out of my zipped riding pants pocket.
So..."in which there is no sign of human existence" :cool:

ahem...
So..."in which there is no sign of human existence" :cool:

ahem...
:rofl:
 
EmptySea_imp said:
I think the spirit of the challenge was met and of course I love that you had to ride a long distance to get find a qualifying spot. The whole idea, as I've stated numerous times, is to encourage riders to ride. Now, even though I think these photos qualify, a sterner judge might point out that plowed-under farm fields are in fact a "sign of human existence". I know not whether Tev62 is as flexible, kind, and gentle as I am so perhaps we should let him have the final say.
Flexible yes but not that much :D - entry disqualified. When I first glanced at the photos I was immediately drawn to what I presumed were ploughed fields. The shot without the yellow markings is better too.

I was going to go up to a spot I like near a forest where I can also get a good horizon shot but decided the planting pattern on the conifers was too regimented which was a giveaway.

Sorry "The ferret"
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top