Gone in 60
Road warrior
Wow, that's very interesting, and ornate for a Folly. So, by that definition, all of the newly constructed commercial space around my vacant commercial neighborhood, is probably a Folly.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Gone in 60_imp said:Wow, that's very interesting, and ornate for a Folly. So, by that definition, all of the newly constructed commercial space around my vacant commercial neighborhood, is probably a Folly.
we have quite a few of those round here too. Still vacant since 2008.Tev62_imp said:Gone in 60_imp said:Wow, that's very interesting, and ornate for a Folly. So, by that definition, all of the newly constructed commercial space around my vacant commercial neighborhood, is probably a Folly.we have quite a few of those round here too. Still vacant since 2008.
we have quite a few of those round here too. Still vacant since 2008. spechg_imp said:Froze my nuts off riding to a village called Termonfeckin just over 20 miles away today, to get a photo of an important landmark....... Ireland's second potato vending machine. The lady who owns it is a bit of a celebrity and has featured on the internet as well as radio and tv programmes. My friend (ZZR 1100) and I then tried to thaw out with a bowl of chowder from the fish shop at Clogherhead harbour.
Ah-huh-huh ... sweet.pdedse_imp said:A Honda CB1100 and a potato vending maching...great way to start the morning here!
So...are you saying it was Termonfeckin cold out?spechg_imp said:Froze my nuts off riding to a village called Termonfeckin just over 20 miles away today, to get a photo of an important landmark....... Ireland's second potato vending machine. The lady who owns it is a bit of a celebrity and has featured on the internet as well as radio and tv programmes. My friend (ZZR 1100) and I then tried to thaw out with a bowl of chowder from the fish shop at Clogherhead harbour.
I thought you were on to something there Ferret: A potato candy bar.The ferret_imp said:Great pic!
A potato vending machine. hmmm. That's a new one for me. So do you put money in and get 1 potato in return? (like a bag of chips or a candy bar?)
I think it was 10kg of Rooster potatoes for €5. Roosters make excellent baked potatoes. I would have bought some but forgot my bungees to attach the spuds to the back of the seat. The reason the farmer invested in the vending machine was that he was fed up with the supermarkets making all the profit, so he decided to cut out the middle man.The ferret_imp said:Great pic!
A potato vending machine. hmmm. That's a new one for me. So do you put money in and get 1 potato in return? (like a bag of chips or a candy bar?)
I feel the same way..hence the nickname "Pleasure Horse"Gone in 60_imp said:I sort of like taking the CB1100 out of my weekly commute rotation. Now, every time I ride it, I feel like I'm being rewarded. Not that my other bikes aren't as nice, but they're just not as... special.
I hadn't ridden the CB to my weekend job at the Petersen in quite a while, and Mrs. Gone was going to spend the day on a continuing education project, so we agreed to go our separate ways and reconvene in the evening for dinner and cocktails. Plus, being Superbowl Sunday, I had no idea how traffic would look in L.A., so if it was jammed anywhere, I could at least slide past everyone.
Traffic was nil, and I had to watch my speed more than anything else. If there was any gridlock, it was in the air as banner tug planes were converging in the area above SoFi Stadium.
I made a day of my ride due to the lack of traffic, and got lots of pictures. Since our topic is a point of interest more than 25 miles from home, I had to pick one. I figure the Petersen Museum would be a good choice. Right now, the streets are pretty torn up for ongoing subway construction, so it's hard to get a beauty shot of a motorcycle from a wide angle in front of the museum. So, this is the best I could do. Right now, the featured exhibit is Bond in Motion, the largest display of James Bond movie vehicles that has ever been shown outside of England. Here's one of the helicopters from From Russia With Love
