CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cormanus_imp said:
Nachodaddy_imp said:
My pants are the right length, but my legs aren't
If your legs are too long, I may be able to help if I can find that rusty old hacksaw blade. If they're too short, Leg-lengthening: The people having surgery to be a bit taller

Note: I've rejected this option.
If your legs are too long, I may be able to help if I can find that rusty old hacksaw blade. If they're too short, Leg-lengthening: The people having surgery to be a bit taller

Note: I've rejected this option.
Cormanus, thank you. I'm a little too old to bother with this, but it is a good option, I'm sure. Your link won't work without removing the . at the end. Besides, the BMW fellows at Starbucks wouldn't know what to think if my legs suddenly fit my pants.
 
Wow... I've got a guy who will shorten pants for four bucks. I imagine the leg surgery thing would cost a little more.
 
Nachodaddy_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Nachodaddy_imp said:
My pants are the right length, but my legs aren't
If your legs are too long, I may be able to help if I can find that rusty old hacksaw blade. If they're too short, Leg-lengthening: The people having surgery to be a bit taller

Note: I've rejected this option.
If your legs are too long, I may be able to help if I can find that rusty old hacksaw blade. If they're too short, Leg-lengthening: The people having surgery to be a bit taller

Note: I've rejected this option.
Cormanus, thank you. I'm a little too old to bother with this, but it is a good option, I'm sure. Your link won't work without removing the . at the end. Besides, the BMW fellows at Starbucks wouldn't know what to think if my legs suddenly fit my pants.
Thank you. Fixed.

Nachodaddy_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Nachodaddy_imp said:
My pants are the right length, but my legs aren't
If your legs are too long, I may be able to help if I can find that rusty old hacksaw blade. If they're too short, Leg-lengthening: The people having surgery to be a bit taller

Note: I've rejected this option.
If your legs are too long, I may be able to help if I can find that rusty old hacksaw blade. If they're too short, Leg-lengthening: The people having surgery to be a bit taller

Note: I've rejected this option.
Cormanus, thank you. I'm a little too old to bother with this, but it is a good option, I'm sure. Your link won't work without removing the . at the end. Besides, the BMW fellows at Starbucks wouldn't know what to think if my legs suddenly fit my pants.
:rofl:
 
Thread starter
Oops.. it's my turn, I think, to come up with a subject. Please hold.......
...Thank you for your patience.

For many of us, but certainly not all of us, these are the Dark Days; the days when snow or ice or cold or darkness are the norm and when sun and dry and motorcycle rides are the exception. Those of us living through the Dark Days sometimes need something to motivate us to get out and ride even on the days where the streets are clean and the temperatures are well north of "Are you insane??". The key, I think, is to come up with something that is reasonably attainable while being interesting enough to justify getting out of our homes dressed like spacemen. Here's what I've come up with:

Your very best photographic effort of your CB1100 in front of a notable local landmark that is located at least 20 miles from where you store your CB1100. Of course, you are on your honor about the 20 miles, but keep in mind that the challenge is to get out and ride. Yes, we've done landmarks before. It's the distance component that is a little different. Just try to motivate yourself to get out, get riding, and get a great picture of your bike. It will make the Dark Days go past just a little bit faster.
 
Ooh, fun. I'll have to find something that isn't between my office and my house.
 
Thread starter
GoldOxide_imp said:
Cormanus? Is it dark for you? :D
There's a list of folks, from the Southern Hemisphere, from Florida, from Arizona, from California, for whom there are either no "Dark Days" or they are in the middle of the U.S. summer. I'm fully expecting them to embrace this challenge with at least as much vigor as those of us preparing for 8-10" of snow over the next 48 hours.
 
EmptySea_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Cormanus? Is it dark for you? :D
There's a list of folks, from the Southern Hemisphere, from Florida, from Arizona, from California, for whom there are either no "Dark Days" or they are in the middle of the U.S. summer. I'm fully expecting them to embrace this challenge with at least as much vigor as those of us preparing for 8-10" of snow over the next 48 hours.
There's a list of folks, from the Southern Hemisphere, from Florida, from Arizona, from California, for whom there are either no "Dark Days" or they are in the middle of the U.S. summer. I'm fully expecting them to embrace this challenge with at least as much vigor as those of us preparing for 8-10" of snow over the next 48 hours.
Yeah, some of us really don't have an excuse on this one.
 
OK, here goes with my entry with a little caveat, it is about 2 miles from where I keep the bike (at work). So I took the challenge in the spirit it is intended and took a round trip to home for lunch and back detouring to this folly on the way back. Total mileage was 25. Temperature was 6C (43F) but fantastically sunny and dry. It was chilly enough alright but my Oxford Hot grips added some comfort. The sun was just out of shot and my poor phones exposure was having a hard time compensating.

 
Thread starter
Great photo, Tev. I use "Spirit of the rule" around my office a lot when we are trying to get a risk placed that doesn't quite fit the underwriting guidelines. You more than met the spirit of the rule in your case -- Not only did you did you meet the mileage guideline, but you met in spades the "best photographic effort" and the "notable local landmark" criteria. (extra points for converting from metric for us simpleton Yanks).
 
EmptySea_imp said:
Great photo, Tev. I use "Spirit of the rule" around my office a lot when we are trying to get a risk placed that doesn't quite fit the underwriting guidelines. You more than met the spirit of the rule in your case -- Not only did you did you meet the mileage guideline, but you met in spades the "best photographic effort" and the "notable local landmark" criteria. (extra points for converting from metric for us simpleton Yanks).
Like MTC, it appears Tev is unfazed to get the wonderous CB1100 all mucked up with winter sloth. :thumbsup:
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
So Tev, what are we looking at in that photo? A church?
No, it is a Folly. That is the name given to buildings (at least in the UK and Ireland) which serve no real purpose. Wealthy landowners would of built them on a whim. This one was built in 1740 to give locals employment and a wage at the time of the famine. It cost £400 at the time. It sits on the very edge of an old estate by a very lightly used back road, most people are unaware of its existence.
 
Tell them to upgrade the road Tev! You’ve just made it an international attraction! :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top