CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cormanus_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Cool. 50 grand had to be a ton of money in 1883
$13.7 million in today’s cash.
$13.7 million in today’s cash.
Sometimes it is interesting when institutions scale historic investments into the present, or present value into the future. " ... if you invested a dollar into the stock market in 1920, today it would be worth ... ". Conceptually correct.

In their typical presentation, most situations would far out live the original owner, but would benefit future generations - the same generations that would sell grandpa's CB1100 and decades later regret that they did.
 
Ya, yesterday, very nice!!.... and had to go to my garage to confirm nice look :D
My white CB std stays white, and the DLX stays read, no conversion to white.
 
Sliding one more in before the end of the month, since I just noticed this.

What has seen better days? My gremlin bell, apparently. The mounting loop wore away to the point that it broke and fell off while I was giving the bike a wipe-down this weekend.

This bell had a long life, being given to me by my wife to christen a Honda years ago. I transferred it to a BMW, and then to my CB1100. Looks like it caught so many gremlins that it finally got too heavy and broke off.

Do I believe in gremlin bells? It doesn't matter. My wife gave it to me to keep me safe, so that's that.

At least I have something for my Christmas list now.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Sliding one more in before the end of the month, since I just noticed this.

What has seen better days? My gremlin bell, apparently. The mounting loop wore away to the point that it broke and fell off while I was giving the bike a wipe-down this weekend.

This bell had a long life, being given to me by my wife to christen a Honda years ago. I transferred it to a BMW, and then to my CB1100. Looks like it caught so many gremlins that it finally got too heavy and broke off.

Do I believe in gremlin bells? It doesn't matter. My wife gave it to me to keep me safe, so that's that.

At least I have something for my Christmas list now.
You can rebuild 'em?
 
Ha! Yeah, actually thinking about just drilling a hole through it and running a small zip tie through it to hold it to the bike till Christmas. But, I need to research to see if that angers the demons or something. All I know is that you can't buy one yourself, and the person who gives it as a gift has to put it on for you for the juju to work correctly.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Ha! Yeah, actually thinking about just drilling a hole through it and running a small zip tie through it to hold it to the bike till Christmas. But, I need to research to see if that angers the demons or something. All I know is that you can't buy one yourself, and the person who gives it as a gift has to put it on for you for the juju to work correctly.
That's what I do with my oil filter to keep it secure. Works great!





:banana:
 
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
Ha! Yeah, actually thinking about just drilling a hole through it and running a small zip tie through it to hold it to the bike till Christmas. But, I need to research to see if that angers the demons or something. All I know is that you can't buy one yourself, and the person who gives it as a gift has to put it on for you for the juju to work correctly.
That's what I do with my oil filter to keep it secure. Works great!





:banana:
That's what I do with my oil filter to keep it secure. Works great!





:banana:
 
Thread starter
It's November 30 here in the States. It looks to me that TheFerret has the first pics in showing his bike in front of something that has seen better days.

I was going to submit a picture of my foot with my bike in the background as it has most certainly seen better days -- I have an injury (probably gout, but they're still figuring it out) that has kept me off of my bike most of this month. Then again, no one wants to see my foot.

Some great pictures in November. Thanks to all who participate in this thread. Ferret, what's the topic for December? :)
 
How about your bike with some of the typical scenery you will see on your daily rides.. mountains, rivers, lakes, praries, farm fields, conifer forest, city buildings, desert, something you could show someone from another part of the world that represents where you live.

Examples

2be474af6347b456ee2b697ebee76343.jpg


a6e853556d3773a35dbffa665eab37be.jpg


9012883f7f2909c6e1a47aac8c2536e4.jpg


ba156f6aaa50dc203864f7ff022aa558.jpg


11ae3823acf8ed5b5a4c34fec9f62436.jpg


c0000cd5e22b1caf0ffa10debb7550de.jpg


69460cd1829dec63959c65f0c8982a10.jpg


I think someone could conclude from these pics I live in an unpopulated rural area, with curvy roads, surrounded by hardwoods and lakes and one very big river
 
I might have you on weather, Ferret, but you've got me on scenery. My submission will be pretty... depressing.
 
So, am I going to have to be the first? Yesterday, I had the opportunity to take a picture of something other than the daily grind, so I figured I'd share.

Each day, I see three things:
Picture 1: Traffic (daily commute)
Picture 2: Perpetual freeway construction
Picture 3: Shopping center parking lots (running errands)

Not too exciting. And, while it may look depressing, keep in mind that I'm at peace, blissfully ignorant of traffic reports, accident delays, and everything else that makes people sit in cars, not moving.

But, if I have occasion to get out during the day or on weekends, the beach is nearby, and is a nice break in the scenery, and a good reason to take the long way anywhere.

Yesterday, for example, I had to leave work early for an appointment, and took a ride through Newport Beach and Corona del Mar (Picture 4). The morning fog hadn't quite burned off completely, but still a nice view.
 
Nice pics Gone. Before this is over take a pic with some Palm trees will ya? I never get to see Palm trees.
 
Sure, no problem. You can see a few through the fog here, lining the breakwater to Newport Beach Harbor. I took this yesterday too, but since the lighting was terrible, I didn't post it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top