CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
cj599_imp said:
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
cj599_imp said:
noroomtomove_imp said:
Thanks MTC.

The topic for April, inspired by Vincent van Gogh a impressionist painter who posthumously became one of the most famous and influential figures in the history of Western art.

Pick one of half a dozen.

1 Sunflower 2 The Starry Night 3 Skull of a Skeleton with Burning Cigarette 4 Orchards 5 Wheat fields 6 Ear.

I guess i dont understand ?
All these are subjects that Van Gogh painted, except for the ear which he cut off and did not paint into his self-portrait.
Here's some inspiration...
https://www.google.com/search?q=Van+Gogh...2&dpr=1.25

All these are subjects that Van Gogh painted, except for the ear which he cut off and did not paint into his self-portrait.
Here's some inspiration...
[url=https://www.google.com/search?q=Van+Gogh+paintings&client=firefox-b-1-d&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwieu9TRjd3vAhV6GFkFHcV-DigQ_AUoAXoECAEQAw&biw=1536&bih=722&dpr=1.25]https://www.google.com/search?q=Van+Gogh...2&dpr=1.25


I know van gogh not a big fan but i know what he did and how he impacted the World my question is are we recreating a work or does the work actually have too be in the photo ?

Ah. Sorry to assume too much.
I believe he is just using Van Gogh as a starting point. A photo of your bike under the stars or in front of a field of sunflowers is sufficient. The goal in this game is to start with a rough idea and see where your mind can take it. There are no wrong answers. I am looking in our area for a statue of a big ear as I have this nagging feeling I have seen one around here somewhere. But maybe I just imagined it :huh:

Ah. Sorry to assume too much.
I believe he is just using Van Gogh as a starting point. A photo of your bike under the stars or in front of a field of sunflowers is sufficient. The goal in this game is to start with a rough idea and see where your mind can take it. There are no wrong answers. I am looking in our area for a statue of a big ear as I have this nagging feeling I have seen one around here somewhere. But maybe I just imagined it :huh: Ok that makes sense
 
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
cj599_imp said:
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
cj599_imp said:
noroomtomove_imp said:
Thanks MTC.

The topic for April, inspired by Vincent van Gogh a impressionist painter who posthumously became one of the most famous and influential figures in the history of Western art.

Pick one of half a dozen.

1 Sunflower 2 The Starry Night 3 Skull of a Skeleton with Burning Cigarette 4 Orchards 5 Wheat fields 6 Ear.

I guess i dont understand ?
All these are subjects that Van Gogh painted, except for the ear which he cut off and did not paint into his self-portrait.
Here's some inspiration...
https://www.google.com/search?q=Van+Gogh...2&dpr=1.25

All these are subjects that Van Gogh painted, except for the ear which he cut off and did not paint into his self-portrait.
Here's some inspiration...
[url=https://www.google.com/search?q=Van+Gogh+paintings&client=firefox-b-1-d&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwieu9TRjd3vAhV6GFkFHcV-DigQ_AUoAXoECAEQAw&biw=1536&bih=722&dpr=1.25]https://www.google.com/search?q=Van+Gogh...2&dpr=1.25


I know van gogh not a big fan but i know what he did and how he impacted the World my question is are we recreating a work or does the work actually have too be in the photo ?

Ah. Sorry to assume too much.
I believe he is just using Van Gogh as a starting point. A photo of your bike under the stars or in front of a field of sunflowers is sufficient. The goal in this game is to start with a rough idea and see where your mind can take it. There are no wrong answers. I am looking in our area for a statue of a big ear as I have this nagging feeling I have seen one around here somewhere. But maybe I just imagined it :huh:

Ah. Sorry to assume too much.
I believe he is just using Van Gogh as a starting point. A photo of your bike under the stars or in front of a field of sunflowers is sufficient. The goal in this game is to start with a rough idea and see where your mind can take it. There are no wrong answers. I am looking in our area for a statue of a big ear as I have this nagging feeling I have seen one around here somewhere. But maybe I just imagined it :huh:

LaVale, MD?

[url=https://www.pinterest.com/pin/24206916725019705/]https://www.pinterest.com/pin/24206916725019705/
 
The ferret_imp said:
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
cj599_imp said:
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
cj599_imp said:
noroomtomove_imp said:
Thanks MTC.

The topic for April, inspired by Vincent van Gogh a impressionist painter who posthumously became one of the most famous and influential figures in the history of Western art.

Pick one of half a dozen.

1 Sunflower 2 The Starry Night 3 Skull of a Skeleton with Burning Cigarette 4 Orchards 5 Wheat fields 6 Ear.

I guess i dont understand ?
All these are subjects that Van Gogh painted, except for the ear which he cut off and did not paint into his self-portrait.
Here's some inspiration...
https://www.google.com/search?q=Van+Gogh...2&dpr=1.25

All these are subjects that Van Gogh painted, except for the ear which he cut off and did not paint into his self-portrait.
Here's some inspiration...
[url=https://www.google.com/search?q=Van+Gogh+paintings&client=firefox-b-1-d&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwieu9TRjd3vAhV6GFkFHcV-DigQ_AUoAXoECAEQAw&biw=1536&bih=722&dpr=1.25]https://www.google.com/search?q=Van+Gogh...2&dpr=1.25


I know van gogh not a big fan but i know what he did and how he impacted the World my question is are we recreating a work or does the work actually have too be in the photo ?

Ah. Sorry to assume too much.
I believe he is just using Van Gogh as a starting point. A photo of your bike under the stars or in front of a field of sunflowers is sufficient. The goal in this game is to start with a rough idea and see where your mind can take it. There are no wrong answers. I am looking in our area for a statue of a big ear as I have this nagging feeling I have seen one around here somewhere. But maybe I just imagined it :huh:

Ah. Sorry to assume too much.
I believe he is just using Van Gogh as a starting point. A photo of your bike under the stars or in front of a field of sunflowers is sufficient. The goal in this game is to start with a rough idea and see where your mind can take it. There are no wrong answers. I am looking in our area for a statue of a big ear as I have this nagging feeling I have seen one around here somewhere. But maybe I just imagined it :huh:

LaVale, MD?

[url=https://www.pinterest.com/pin/24206916725019705/]https://www.pinterest.com/pin/24206916725019705/
Ha! Yeah, I found that one on Google as well. But it's about as close to you as to me. Maybe we could have a meetup at the Big Golden Ear :beerchug:
 
Thread starter
Here’s my contribution and the Van Gogh painting that inspired it. Happy Easter!

1261574f988478491b7ed0383720fdb8.jpg



96cd2e86f56f8ce5d5b8ca192eef974a.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Nice!

Happy Easter to you and Cheryl as well
 
Great shot! A perfect representation of what the monthly photo thing is all about.
And as a photographer, you are obviously out standing in your field. :angel:
 
Corner of my yard, peterbaron Kind of a u-turn and a little backward duckwalk. Reverse has never worked on mine.
Misses the spirit of the chase, but hits the subject.

Ben
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top