CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
File this one under NOT my favorite sign.

Spotted it in a shopping center yesterday.
 
Richard, that's a beauty. It reminds me of this:
 
You're a veritable treasure trove, Inhouse Bob!
 
Hey, couldn't take a picture of it, because I was going 70 on the freeway when I passed under it, but speaking of road signs, for the first time that I can remember, the electronic message boards over the freeways on my commute don't have a Coronavirus warning message! This morning they said "One Text or Call Can Wreck it All".
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Hey, couldn't take a picture of it, because I was going 70 on the freeway when I passed under it, but speaking of road signs, for the first time that I can remember, the electronic message boards over the freeways on my commute don't have a Coronavirus warning message! This morning they said "One Text or Call Can Wreck it All".
I like that sentiment!
 
If you had been in a car, Gone in 60, you could have whipped out your phone and taken a photo. :P
 
Cormanus, if I had been in a car, I would be going nowhere near 70. I could have probably stepped out of my car in traffic, framed a very nice photo, and gotten back into my car before traffic started moving again.

That's why I rarely drive my car.
 
Oh, that’s no fun, Gone. You’re meant to do it only when you’re driving quickly and need to concentrate. :-/
 
Snapped these on my ride today. These warning signs are at both ends of a 1/2 mile section of two lane road along the coast in Palos Verdes called Portuguese Bend. The land is constantly shifting in this area, creating a two-lane roller coaster that is frequently repaired and patched.

I grew up in this area, and remember riding through this crazy section of road as a kid.
 
Yup, it’s different every time I go through there. A couple of “stand on the pegs” spots to keep from getting bucked off the seat.
 
Thread starter
Kettle Moraine Scenic Drive traverses 115 miles of beautiful Wisconsin countryside. The route is not a single road, but a series of connected state, county, and local roads. The southern end starts at Whitewater Lake (Where I spent most of my summers waterskiing, boating, and chasing girls) and winds you in Elkhart Lake (Home of Road America race track).



d5050e56745edec1dc19e2332cbb2162.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
EmptySea_imp said:
Kettle Moraine Scenic Drive traverses 115 miles of beautiful Wisconsin countryside. The route is not a single road, but a series of connected state, county, and local roads. The southern end starts at Whitewater Lake (Where I spent most of my summers waterskiing, boating, and chasing girls) and winds you in Elkhart Lake (Home of Road America race track).



d5050e56745edec1dc19e2332cbb2162.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow, thanks for the trip down memory lane, EmptySea. I grew up in Waukesha, WI. I was 16 yrs old when I got my CB550K Four. I'd ride it to school and when I had an open period, I'd jump on the bike and ride some of the country back roads for the hour--some of those dipped into the Kettle Moraine area. I don't miss the winters or the deer--but man I miss riding those roads.
 
Thread starter
Happy July 1st!

From my reading, it is suhawk’s choice for this month’s photo challenge subject. Can’t wait for the big reveal!
 
Wait no more MTC! Here is the Big Reveal:
A picture of your CB with a dam structure in the background. This includes, but not limited to, dams built for flood control, hydroelectric generation, water supply (municipal and agricultural), recreational lakes, navigational purposes (lock and dams, channel walls, etc.), and mills with water power wheels. The remnants of a former dam will do (typically the remains of the dam's abutment structures remains). Also included are flood walls, levees and channel weirs.

Now with the above list, there is no excuse for not participating!

(Please, no moaning by the 2019 WV Rally attendees, especially you KiowaEagle). As a Civil Engineer who specialized in dam safety, I think I bored a captive audience to death at an old WV mill when I defined the purpose of every part of the mill's water conveyance system from the headgate all the way down to the water wheel's tailrace.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top