CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a bit of a Sea-change from Queensland to Port Lincoln South Australia
6717425e905333b248f9e5c4a67f96df.jpg

6c3a6228210170b13996b5886da43d3d.jpg


Enzo
 
Hey, Enzo! I was wondering about you the other day and whether you still had the CB and we’re still in SA. Now I know. Hope all’s well. The bike”s looking good. Did you ride it down?
 
Same battery? That’s amazing. Nearly 7 years?

Good ride down? Which way did you go?
 
poppies..poppies..poppies.. as far as the eye can see.. California's state flower.. (don't pick um).. they bloom every year at this time.. pics taken off of hwy 138 between Gorman and Lancaster.. (5 miles from Gorman)..
.
70f3c9a145d027d893aef42371ac1bc1.jpg

.
4f0b0d9410b9d5af8f6309614b935ba9.jpg

.
0a158d247751dde8a035499e8d76336f.jpg

.
8baedabd301207d949da2b6ab391e620.mp4
 
Nice pics Chuckk. The red in the tank kind of overwhelms lol
 
Chuckk, all three pics are nice, but #2 & 3 still the show..I've always loved blue, the colour of my SUV
 
No new monthly photo challenge? Or did I miss it? I am riding today and need a goal.
Tezza's turn?
 
I think it's Pdedse's pick. The theme was CB and blossom/tree sprouts/ vegetation. I deferred, Teamwoods5 posted pics of statues, Tezza's wasn't a current pic if I read it right, that would make it pdedse's choice.
 
Thread starter
I believe that The Ferret is correct that it's Pdedse's pick.

Also, my apologies for not keeping up on this thread. The weather here and the pandemic everywhere has kept me off the bike more than I would have liked. The spring really sprung here over the weekend, though, so I'll be focusing more attention on two-wheeled adventures.
 
The ferret_imp said:
I think it's Pdedse's pick. The theme was CB and blossom/tree sprouts/ vegetation. I deferred, Teamwoods5 posted pics of statues, Tezza's wasn't a current pic if I read it right, that would make it pdedse's choice.
Wow...I get defaulted into choosing? Ok, I'll play, but give me an hour to think abou it...

Wasn't there a "list of previous themes" somewhere recently? I went back about a20 pages but didn't find anything.
 
Geez, I thought of about 4 or 5 possibilities and they had all been done before. Then I thought, "Corona virus related?" But we're probably all sick of that (A pun!!).

Trying to think of of something inclusive.

Would like something natural, something beautiful.

OK, here it is for the month of May:

Your CB1100 with rain clouds visible in the distance (not just "here's me in the rain", Ferret! :P).

In other words must see bike, some rain clouds, but no rain actually falling on said bike and rider. Rain doesn't have to be falling from rain clouds, but the clouds better look like some water could fall from them...no white fluffy only clouds!

Something like this from when I had my '14 standard:

19e9b0a7baa09b826019bbb0fdb8c396.jpg


You desert dwellers can use a sprinkler in the background.
 
Thread starter
You're putting the "challenge" in "Monthly Photo Challenge", but I like it!

I'll be hard pressed to find a vista like yours, though.
 
EmptySea_imp said:
You're putting the "challenge" in "Monthly Photo Challenge", but I like it!

I'll be hard pressed to find a vista like yours, though.

That's just my sample foto middle-ish Utah, and it is from a few years back, but I'll get a per-regulation recent shot if the Oregon weather cooperates over the next few days...and since it involves rain, I'm sure I'll find a qualifying entry.
 
I hope, more than I can say, that I get a chance to see some rain clouds. I would then like them to dump a large quantity of said rain on my house.
 
Wish we could send you some Cormanus. We had an over abundance in April and it's continuing into May. I will probably get a pic later today as it rains about every other day and today is the day. It sprinkled on me on my morning ride. What we don't get is the dramatic cloud cover as seen in Pdedse's sample photo. Here it just gets varying shades of grey. But when it's grey that means rain is coming.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Wish we could send you some Cormanus. We had an over abundance in April and it's continuing into May. I will probably get a pic later today as it rains about every other day and today is the day. It sprinkled on me on my morning ride. What we don't get is the dramatic cloud cover as seen in Pdedse's sample photo. Here it just gets varying shades of grey. But when it's grey that means rain is coming.
Yeah, that photo maybe was ambitious...but it's good to have something beautiful to aspire to. In the end, what I enjoy about this thread is that CB1100 owners take the time to stop and appreciate the CBs in their natuaral environs...and I like seeing where ya'll get to ride.
 
This is going to be a tough one out here in the "Great American Desert"

f112f84f59dce72e3a9532f1c6b873a1.jpg


Sprinklers seem like cheating, so I'll just pray for rain. I was already doing that anyway. :angel:

Hmmm: My wife made the rain gauge and I just noticed (2 years later) that "gauge" was misspelled. To tell, or not to tell.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top