CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter
Tree: "Ann" Magnolia. Planted several years ago in remembrance of my wife's mother. First snowfall of the season.

6115e286f45e28daefd660c4099d33a6.jpg
 
Nice gesture Sea and good photo. :thumbsup:

Snow eh? Ugg. We are supposed to get flurries tonight but it won't stick.
 
Good pictures all. Mtneers' gave me an idea with the stump and MTC's picture with snow reminded me to get going.
My submittal is a (former standing) tree I ran into head-on around the year 1999 (late winter time). I was traveling down a hill at dusk and the car in front of me spun-out of control. I hit my brakes and realized we were traveling on "black ice". Rather than to hit the car broadside in front of me, I chose to go off the road, and unfortunately, that tree jumped out in front of me. That was the demise of my '92 Dodge Dynasty. That was my one and only significant auto accident.
I am not the only one who hit this tree. It appears by the tire ruts on the ground, someone else finished the job and knocked the rotting tree down. Note the stump ripped out of the ground and the broken tree trunk.
f3d5e67ee199ad5c11eecf1d0154574a.jpg
da56de6f531c4af9f0d7d27bc03cc6f0.jpg
 
Great story, suhawk, although it's a pity it ended with an accident. How cool that the remnants of the tree are still there for the forum photo comp.
 
EmptySea_imp said:
Great story, suhawk. To me the saddest part is that you had to drive a Dodge Dynasty for 7 years. ;)
:rofl:
 
EmptySea_imp said:
Great story, suhawk. To me the saddest part is that you had to drive a Dodge Dynasty for 7 years. ;)
Hey MTC, you not only insulted me, but also your Chicago neighbor, “Al Bundy” who drove or pushed his “Almighty Dodge” for many years on his TV show. :rofl::rofl::rofl:
784585e495720c776eb65b3518b556b0.jpg


BTW, if you disregard the failed transmission, leaking windshield ..., my Dodge was not a bad car. :-/
 
Thread starter
Hey... I'm a Mopar fan, but there were many dark years for Dodge, starting in the mid-70s and ending...umm and ending.... ummm wellllll, the Challenger is pretty hot. ;)
 
EmptySea_imp said:
Hey... I'm a Mopar fan, but there were many dark years for Dodge, starting in the mid-70s and ending...umm and ending.... ummm wellllll, the Challenger is pretty hot. ;)
You’re right about that MTC, I should have taken the hint after owning the disaster, a ‘77 Plymouth Fury with the 400ci “lean burn” ignition system. I finally gave up on MOPARS two years ago.
 
Six of the best transmissions I ever owned were in the three Dodge Caravans we went through when the kids were growing up.
3af1e10004347c3d98e609584a746d31.png
Finally, Toyota released a van.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
I had three Dodge Caravans and at around 150.000 miles all the transmissions failed, the first one just exploded !
Too be honest I also often pulled a trailer with 2000 lbs of animal feed and no aftermarket transmission cooler on the van.
Besides that I loved the versatility of the vehicle.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top