CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had to run out to the Cabazon Outlets from Irvine (75 miles of slabbin’ each way in high winds) to sell my Coachella tickets. Decided to take the CB, would have fully regretted it but it allowed me to get this shot:



I feel satisfied now having participated
e34bb6a180b2f8f420c690790caf6964.png





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Ferret and Redbirds submitted some nice lawn ornament windmill photos. We have lots of similar ones here in Lubbock, but some people also turn old windmills into lawn ornaments. Couple of examples

c1c47c8a8c56d767872f692907fdc088.jpg


4f405798a8955746a36d626b9a443a0d.jpg
 
RockHop_imp said:
Ferret and Redbirds submitted some nice lawn ornament windmill photos. We have lots of similar ones here in Lubbock, but some people also turn old windmills into lawn ornaments. Couple of examples

c1c47c8a8c56d767872f692907fdc088.jpg


4f405798a8955746a36d626b9a443a0d.jpg
People around here decorate their lawns the same way except they mostly use old cars, washing machines and refrigerators.

Oh, my parents old neighbours also had flowers planted in a couple of old toilets.
 
Banned_imp said:
RockHop_imp said:
Ferret and Redbirds submitted some nice lawn ornament windmill photos. We have lots of similar ones here in Lubbock, but some people also turn old windmills into lawn ornaments. Couple of examples

c1c47c8a8c56d767872f692907fdc088.jpg


4f405798a8955746a36d626b9a443a0d.jpg
People around here decorate their lawns the same way except they mostly use old cars, washing machines and refrigerators.

Oh, my parents old neighbours also had flowers planted in a couple of old toilets.
Good one W/R :rofl:
 
Since GaryMNM hasn't submitted a photo with a toy windmill like he did with the train, I guess it's up to me ...

49e2f074b2bdae7898cf5790433b9806.jpg


Bought this about 30 years ago as part of a Playmobil Old West train set for the kids. Still have it all and gearing up for the grandkids. :banana:
 
RockHop_imp said:
Since GaryMNM hasn't submitted a photo with a toy windmill like he did with the train, I guess it's up to me ...

49e2f074b2bdae7898cf5790433b9806.jpg


Bought this about 30 years ago as part of a Playmobil Old West train set for the kids. Still have it all and gearing up for the grandkids. :banana:
Now we're talk'n!!! Good job RockHop. :thumbsup:

Haven't had a chance to source a decent shot this month. Been getting the 1500 up to par for an upcoming road trip the end of next month to meet up with my son in SC and on to a Valk Rally in Roanoke mid June. I blame ferret for that whole Ride with My Boy post. :rolleyes:
 
and you're welcome!

BTW I saw this over in Illinois on my way to the MLR but I wasn't on my CB. Took a pic of it anyway.

30508931a35c4b109a5d116ce348b5bf.jpg
 
The ferret_imp said:
and you're welcome!

BTW I saw this over in Illinois on my way to the MLR but I wasn't on my CB. Took a pic of it anyway.

30508931a35c4b109a5d116ce348b5bf.jpg
Maybe MTC won't notice :angel:
GaryMNM_imp said:
RockHop_imp said:
Since GaryMNM hasn't submitted a photo with a toy windmill like he did with the train, I guess it's up to me ...

49e2f074b2bdae7898cf5790433b9806.jpg


Bought this about 30 years ago as part of a Playmobil Old West train set for the kids. Still have it all and gearing up for the grandkids. :banana:
Now we're talk'n!!! Good job RockHop. :thumbsup:

Haven't had a chance to source a decent shot this month. Been getting the 1500 up to par for an upcoming road trip the end of next month to meet up with my son in SC and on to a Valk Rally in Roanoke mid June. I blame ferret for that whole Ride with My Boy post. :rolleyes:
Now we're talk'n!!! Good job RockHop. :thumbsup:
Good to hear from you Gary. Sounds like you have your priorities in order :beerchug:
 
Haven’t been able to find any references to windmills when doing a google search for sites to incorporate into a weekend ride.
Then I spotted this lawn ornament windmill less than a mile from my house while getting in a short ride. Does it get extra points for having deer statues also?
 
Way to go Mscb. I have to wonder why people would put a fake windmill in their yard. They are not cute, like the deer. They are not pretty, like flowers. Beats a used ceramic toilet though ( I have seen those too)
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Way to go Mscb. I have to wonder why people would put a fake windmill in their yard. They are not cute, like the deer. They are not pretty, like flowers. Beats a used ceramic toilet though ( I have seen those too)
Mine is just a welded artist's interpretation of a windmill, but I am looking for a fairly large windmill ornament for my back yard. Why? 3 reasons: 1. they spin 2. they remind me of childhood trips through the farmland of southern Wisconsin and 3. they tell the wind direction. #3 is possibly the only practical reason and as such is the least important reason.
 
Across from our previous home there was a windmill. It pumped water over a paddle wheel behind the barn. The water then fell over a small water fall and into a lower pond that the windmill drew the water from.


The barn was actually a two-story hall that was used for wedding receptions, church socials, family reunions, and an annual BBQ for my baseball team. The silo (hidden behind the middle tree) had a spiral staircase between the two floors. On the back of the second floor were large barn doors that led to a covered patio with grills. The water passed under a small arched wooden bridge at the end of the patio.

After supper on nice summer evenings we would take our wine glass and sit on the front porch of our home and watch the rabbits hopping across the large lawns.

Unfortunately it is all gone now. Four new homes have replaced the barn, silo, windmill, and large lawns.
 
Nortoon_imp said:
Across from our previous home there was a windmill. It pumped water over a paddle wheel behind the barn. The water then fell over a small water fall and into a lower pond that the windmill drew the water from.


The barn was actually a two-story hall that was used for wedding receptions, church socials, family reunions, and an annual BBQ for my baseball team. The silo (hidden behind the middle tree) had a spiral staircase between the two floors. On the back of the second floor were large barn doors that led to a covered patio with grills. The water passed under a small arched wooden bridge at the end of the patio.

After supper on nice summer evenings we would take our wine glass and sit on the front porch of our home and watch the rabbits hopping across the large lawns.

Unfortunately it is all gone now. Four new homes have replaced the barn, silo, windmill, and large lawns.
What a shame, that's a pretty scene.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Way to go Mscb. I have to wonder why people would put a fake windmill in their yard. They are not cute, like the deer. They are not pretty, like flowers. Beats a used ceramic toilet though ( I have seen those too)
Ferret - better hope the Windmill Anti-Defamation League never gets "wind" of this ...:rofl:

Fortunately, you didn't call them whirligigs.
 
RockHop_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Way to go Mscb. I have to wonder why people would put a fake windmill in their yard. They are not cute, like the deer. They are not pretty, like flowers. Beats a used ceramic toilet though ( I have seen those too)
Ferret - better hope the Windmill Anti-Defamation League never gets "wind" of this ...:rofl:

Fortunately, you didn't call them whirligigs.
Ferret - better hope the Windmill Anti-Defamation League never gets "wind" of this ...:rofl:

Fortunately, you didn't call them whirligigs.
:rofl: My wife says I am naive about lots of things. I see something and wonder why people would do it, and she just tells me how naive I am and that people are just different and like different things.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top