CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
That second picture picture give a better perspective of how massive that hanger is. Great and interesting pictures c-breezy!
 
JULY CB1100 PHOTO CHALLENGE.

I decided I could put this out now rather than just after my midnight (Eastern Standard Time from the US) since no one will be able to get a head start on this. Yes, there will be some favoritism to those east of the International Dateline somewhere out in the Pacific. Unfortunately, the clouds may ruin your chance to be the first photo entry. So...

It's July. Its summer warm in the Northern Hemisphere (long daylight) and winter cool in the Southern Hemisphere (short daylight). PUT YOUR BIKE IN A PICTURE WITH THE SETTING SUN.

WAIT! There's more... the background has to be void of trees unless they are at least a 1/2 mile/one km away. Also, no water for at least the same distance (exception: rice paddy or some other low height water crop and snow/ice is ok but not a frozen lake). Use a low in height (no taller than a corn stalk) or no vegetation backdrop. Here are some examples: sand (maybe a desert or dune), soil (maybe recently farmed out crop), corn field, rice paddy, pasture, scrub land, soybean crop, vineyard, grass (maybe a golf course), rocks/boulders (for you mountain dwellers) etc. You get the idea. The terran can be flat, hilly or sloped.

City dweller exception: take a pic of your bike at/near a five-way intersection. Safely, of course. Maybe from a nearby parking spot, at sunset.

I'm sure I've missed somebody in this and I know the guys from the Samoan Islands, Hawaii and Alaska are going to be the last ones to take advantage of this but I'd still like to see pictures from our forum members who may be there.

Jerry
 
c-breezy_imp said:
stateboy - I don't think you're being specific enough! LOLOLOLOL

also: Cormanus, suhawk - thx!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've been told I give a lot of detail (even when it wasn't nesessary). It made for good police reports though!
15544fde3536deb30cdcd55a8e6b4da4.png
 
Gee stateboy, I not find a tree cutting company to clear cut a forest a 1/2 mile deep during July! If I ride to North Dakota, do utility/telephone poles count as a tree? I understand the telephone pole is North Dakota's state tree. :huh:
Just kidding, I accept the challenge.
 
I can't even think of where I can find a FIVE-way intersection around here! Hmmmmm
86951007be183c1f8b49764a4a664e1d.png


EDIT: I couldn't find one in Orange County but I found one in L.A.! It looks like a nightmare though:
 
c-breezy_imp said:
I can't even think of where I can find a FIVE-way intersection around here! Hmmmmm
86951007be183c1f8b49764a4a664e1d.png


EDIT: I couldn't find one in Orange County but I found one in L.A.! It looks like a nightmare though:
I thought California had freeways and ramps galore merging into a quagmire of going everywhere everyone else wanted to go to or come from!?!
bb1d3624db9e0d87d0c87d47b485a8c5.jpg
 
stateboy_imp said:
c-breezy_imp said:
I can't even think of where I can find a FIVE-way intersection around here! Hmmmmm
86951007be183c1f8b49764a4a664e1d.png


EDIT: I couldn't find one in Orange County but I found one in L.A.! It looks like a nightmare though:
I thought California had freeways and ramps galore merging into a quagmire of going everywhere everyone else wanted to go to or come from!?!
bb1d3624db9e0d87d0c87d47b485a8c5.jpg
I thought California had freeways and ramps galore merging into a quagmire of going everywhere everyone else wanted to go to or come from!?!
475be792c1a1f3400e84221ea43c7ec4.jpg

Man, that pic reminds me of just how much I LOVE SoCal traffic!
 
suhawk305_imp said:
Gee stateboy, I not find a tree cutting company to clear cut a forest a 1/2 mile deep during July! If I ride to North Dakota, do utility/telephone poles count as a tree? I understand the telephone pole is North Dakota's state tree. :huh:
Just kidding, I accept the challenge.
I think you could have a utility pole or two or seven within a 1/2 mile of the bike. They're not a geographical feature, at least not a natural one EXCEPT in North Dakota. Maybe you'll even find the mothership to the utility poles - the power plant!
5ed8346cf080738202eb9c989b5cd7f3.png
 
Nice curlyjoe!

Got in a few more on the way home:

The Yost Theater in Santa Ana - used to be a vaudeville theater, and in the last several years home to A LOT of EDM events. They also did a Ghost Adventures episode there since the basement, backstage, and The Ritz hotel next door are said to be haunted.

4faa6e40a98f44d7e810fc5229884a62.jpg


Then the Sherman Stevens House in Tustin, built in 1887, now just an office park:

66f027b9b2eefbc2474951ae3519a2e7.jpg


The Artz Building in Tustin, built in 1914 by the son of Columbus Tustin, is now a hippie joint called Rutabegorz:

d4de50f40c3040189a82062ed8abff92.jpg


aaaaand that's it for me!
 
EmptySea_imp said:
Spring Green, Wisconsin. The Driftless Area.

d280c1fae1352be35ecdf51fd6908b91.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well, look at that! The sun got all the way around the globe and lands right in the backyard of the USA. It must have been a total eclipse everywhere else before it got in the general neighborhood of our thread originator. Good qualifying grassy pic with trees more than a half mile away. I dub you the August winner MTC!
 
Here's my first July submission, taken at the Orange County Great Park:

b7c42278db47c5ab677912af88e23ca1.jpg


Here are a couple of other angles but unfortunately I ended up with some ghosting:
1026caafce24c5131824e6b15e61d1c3.jpg


cf684fce8c4f8174fdab6ab1d4632ef4.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top