CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
:rofl: Don't worry Sea I will let you ride it some
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
:rofl: Don't worry Sea I will let you ride it some
LOL... I'm good. I think the asymmetrical (and beautiful) exhaust on the Std must direct the wind around the bike in a less obtrusive manner.
 
So - for this month's challenge, how about...your bike in front of a historic building, site, or structure. Those of you in the U.S. can use the National Register of Historic Places as a jumping off point if you wish: Maps | National Park Service. As for those of you outside the U.S. - well, hopefully you know of some off the top of your head or have some kind of similar resource to find them!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Do local historic sites count? Old post office or school with a plaque?
If this counts (and I'm CERTAINLY ok if it doesnt by 'historic' standards implied by C-breezy), Washington Elementary (1937) in St. Joseph, MI. It was purchased in 1985 by Whirlpool Corporation and then by Berrien County in 1998. It is currently used by the county for several community services.
635e02e6e9355c4cd70311010b4aab55.jpg
a48f6e0e0765930e0f3ffcafd93c5057.jpg
 
Nice stateboy! Yup, local sites count - it doesn't have to be on the National Register - just threw that out there since I find that map interesting to see what's around me.

ALSO: that was FAST!
 
I was at work, my phone notified me of your challenge, I jumped on the bike, went six blocks, rolled up on the sidewalk next to the sign and bench and... tada! Now, I'm hoping to see something more scenic.
 
Nice bike! I once read an article by a professional photographer that having objects "grow" out of vehicles is a big "no no". Now I notice that phenomenon all the time. lol
 
Aka Tsubasa_imp said:
Nice bike! I once read an article by a professional photographer that having objects "grow" out of vehicles is a big "no no". Now I notice that phenomenon all the time. lol
So would you say it's the building, the hedge or the sign that appears to be 'growing' out of the bike in the pic? Curious.
 
stateboy_imp said:
Aka Tsubasa_imp said:
Nice bike! I once read an article by a professional photographer that having objects "grow" out of vehicles is a big "no no". Now I notice that phenomenon all the time. lol
So would you say it's the building, the hedge or the sign that appears to be 'growing' out of the bike in the pic? Curious.
So would you say it's the building, the hedge or the sign that appears to be 'growing' out of the bike in the pic? Curious.
The tree and sign mostly. Usually it is the thinner objects that stand out, like tree limbs, signs, fence posts, etc. Buildings and large shrubbery are not too big of an issue if they don't distract from the lines of the main object(s). I am just an amateur opinion though.
 
Thread starter
The OzarkCafe in Jasper, Arkansas is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and not because CB1100 rally-goers ate there. (The plaque is in the background)

b46e7eea0996c5868b698be777041362.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Saw the challenge and took a nice 20 minute ride over to Joliet, IL. This is the old Joliet prison. You may have seen it in Blues Brothers, Shawshank Redemption, most recently Prison Break, and a few other movies. It's a pretty cool old building. I've driven by it a few times, but never stopped. I included one shot with pics of plaques, so you can see it is legit historical. I also thought this Blues Brothers wall was cool so Inam throwing that in (I know it doesn't fit the challenge). Joliet is pretty run down, but it has some great history, check it out if you're ever around Chicago. It's also the start of historic Route 66.
 
"I have to stop and see the Penguin!"

" It wasn't my fault..I had a flat, I ran out of gas, I had company in from out of town, Puleeese baby, it wasn't my fault"

"There's these two white fools out front, one ordered 4 fried chickens and a coke. The other ordered pain white toast"

"I hate Nazi's"

what a funny funny show. I have it on cd or dvd ( whatever they are called) and watch it every once in awhile.
 
Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Jake: Hit it!

This never gets old :cool:
 
Truly brilliant humor. The shopping mall scene was filmed in a closed mall in Harvey IL. I waited to try and be An extra. No luck.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
 
Great pic, Clem! The Blues Bros. is still one of my favorite movies of all time.
 
The Bayliss Public Library, a Carnegie Library 100 years old.



As you can see, it's Bunco night at the library, so I couldn't put my bike right in the front because of the cars lining the road. Also didn't want to get run over by an eager arrival. :P

Ben
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top