CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter
Great choice for a subject... general, easily attained for most, and a great backdrop for our motorcycles. I had plenty of possibilities yesterday: The Des Plaines, the Kankakee, the Wabash, the Great Miami, but alas, we are traveling by four-wheeled conveyance this weekend. Looking forward to seeing some photos from those lucky enough to be on their CB1100s this weekend. :)
 
That water looks frozen LR! WOW. Cool pic.
 
Well, poop. I'm in the same boat as Sea this weekend. Not boat, car. Not the same car. And after all my snivelling too! Nice pics, I will catch up next week.

Ben
 
Here is my contribution to the May picture challenge shot at the Kiel Canal before the rain, which can be felt in the atmosphere of the photo. I felt it right afterwards sitting nearby in cafe drinking some coffee, while waiting the rain to stop. A trip starting fine and ended up all covered with water, quite totally different to what the weather forecast has promised. Life living in the north between seas.




Wisedrum
 
Nice pics ferret (I need to find a tea-sipping spot of my own) and Wisedrum! And LongRanger, also a great pic - what are temps like where you're at right now?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 


This is at the Elbe river in northeastern Germany, about 150 km from Berlin. Waiting for the small ferry boat to get across the river.

The Elbe river in that part of the country used to be the boarder between eastern and western Germany. The sign in the background is a memorial that reminds us of that. At the end of the road there used to be a wall (or a fence) instead of a ferry boat. Over here we are happy that walls are gone (sorry...couldn't resist....)

safe riding

fruno
 
LongRanger_imp said:
My pic was taken about 2 miles from my house, but it wasn't taken today, thank goodness. We're in the 70's right now (80's in Denver).
Gotcha
04745864df8c18a58dd87140bd9a9f7f.png


And fruno, great pic - love the history behind that spot.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
C-breezy, Google Wisedrum's Kiel Canal. Pretty cool history on that thing.
 
Today, a view of lake Okeechoobee from Port Mayaca. A boiling 94º F in South Florida which was made more bearable due to the breeze. On my way back, I got stung by a bee in the neck -the only inch of exposed skin- since I was riding with full gear... Summer is coming!:(

 
Neat contrasting pics LR.

Nice pic of Okeechoobee. Love the red side covers. I will ride in any temp, but I really don't care for it once it gets above 90. (or below 32)
 
I knocked some of the dust off the bike yesterday and got in a few miles with a kid on the back. While puttering around, we stopped in Old Town Alexandria, VA to admire the view of DC across the Potomac River. Well, the view of the sewer plant, anyhow. Some say it's all a sewer plant... but I digress :angel: This isn't a great shot, but it is water.
 
I used to go by Lake Okeechobee just about every day while working for Kelly Tractor (Caterpillar) from WPB to Clewiston. All the bug clients where around that lake....sugar town!

Sent from my "World" using Tapatalk
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top