CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coil spring? Leaf spring? Shock spring?
 
I was trying to think of bridges where I live, and I finally remembered one that I've used dozens of times! This is the Goldenrod Footbridge connecting one side of Corona Del Mar to the beach side - it was built in 1928 for $10,884:
4912ed1f13275906ad87c49bfeddc4d6.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Hey a pic right up redbirds alley lol. Great Blue Heron?
 
This is the oldest existing wire suspension bridge in the United States - the Delaware Aqueduct, or Roebling Bridge as it is now known. Begun in 1847 as one of four suspension aqueducts on the Delaware and Hudson Canal, it was designed by and built under the supervision of John A. Roebling, future engineer of the Brooklyn Bridge. The Roebling Bridge spans over the Delaware River between Minisink Ford, New York and Lackawaxen, Pennsylvania. Roebling's Delaware Aqueduct - Wikipedia

[url=http://s1380.photobucket.com/user/suhawk305/media/100_3888_zpsqqfocn9u.jpg.html]

This is the first significant ride I taken on my CD11 since I purchased it last November.

The ride started out well, however, my return trip was did not go so well. I was riding on an unfamiliar secondary road, went around a curve a little too fast and found myself sliding down the sand. I did not get too hurt, the worst part is I ended up on the side of the bike and the side kick stand foot extension tore through my jeans' crotch (no need to go further.) The kick stand had my jeans tied up! A couple of good Samaritans stopped, helped me unbury my handlebar stuck in the ground. Got the bike up and rode it about 25 miles to my friend at his body shop. He knows the the owner of the Honda dealer and they will fix my bike. It will be alot of parts.
[url=http://s1380.photobucket.com/user/suhawk305/media/100_3890_zps8p8xdekh.jpg.html]

At the home front, my wife was not too pleased when I came through the door. She is worried about my future with my CB11. Hope to get to ride it again. Other wise, there will be a CB11 with only about 180 miles on the odometer for sale.
Tomorrow is another day.
 
Geezalou Suhawk, sorry to hear about your crash, but glad to hear you are mostly ok. The bike can be fixed. Sometimes the wife not so much. Good luck with that.
 
Glad to hear you are OK. Good luck with the repair, and on the home front. Soon after I got my 13 last fall I did a zero mph drop in my gravel driveway, just forgot about putting my feet down and as top heavy as it is, couldn't catch it in time. Had to call my wife out to help me pick it up. She has had a lot of fun with that since.
Can't offer any advice other than I have put a little over 2000 miles on it over the winter, riding in daylight and avoiding the wet, and my skill level and confidence have both improved. I was surprised at how rusty I had gotten, but glad to be riding and looking forward to doing it for a while.
Hope it works out for you.
Oh, and great bridge pics! :)

Ben
 
Darn, sorry to hear that Suhawk, but glad you are still in one piece! Good luck and at least you got some great bridge pics!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Bad news Suhawk, but I'm glad you're not too badly hurt. That kickstand could have given you a nasty wound.
 
Hope you and the bike recover quickly. I've had my CB 1 year now and I'm still having to remind myself to ride within my capabilities.
Slow down, don't be in a hurry.
Get the bike fixed and get back on, more wiser for the past
Good Luck
crutch
 
Get well soon Suhawk!
 
I managed to tip mine over a couple of days before the rest of the rally guys arrived. I was at my sisters house and bogged the front tire in some crusher dust. I couldn't get off fast enough and managed to twist my right leg under the bike and had to lay there blowing the horn until the brother in law came and lifted it off me. Ankle and knee is still swollen and will probably take another week or so to come good again. I think the handlebars have a slight bend and as soon as the weather clears I'll take them off and check. Was a bummer because I never felt confident on the bike for the whole rally trip mainly because my leg always felt a bit shaky even with a brace on it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top