CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ferret_imp said:
Hey i used to live in Ft Pierce in the 50's. 505 Emil Dr. Had crushed shell road, swamp at one end, A&W Root Beer stand on other end. Used to sweep their lot for free root beer. City used to spray DDT for mosquitos every night. We used to run behind the trucks. Killed rattlers, cotton mouth and coral snakes in the yard. Good times for a 9 year old. Wow, that was a long time ago.
Sounds just like where I grew up on the Gulf Coast of Texas. It's a wonder we survived :s
 
Wow! Nice pics. Weather took a nice turn this afternoon and I made a short but fun run up Butte Creek canyon.
Honey Run bridge, built 1894. when I was a kid you could drive across it, and I am sure it is still structurally sound. Great ride up the canyon. You can go the speed limit, or a bit more:angel: and have fun on this machine.

Ben
 
I need to explore and find some cool bridges around here. For now, one of the pedestrian bridges in my neighborhood:
f6c7ea30c672ebdfb95187d0f8a0d45a.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Sebastian. Paridise! I always go to the Tiki Bar when I am there. Last time I rode my brother's DUC Multi 1100 over there I had to answer a lot of questions and made sure to show them some Arrow Pipe rpms on the way out. I like them WITH the silencers though. Much too racy without.

Macenthor_imp said:
http://s349.photobucket.com/user/Macenthor/media/IMG_20170305_121208283_HDR_zpswvaa5w8n.jpg.html
 
Found another bridge.About 20 miles west of Willows,CA

"Old" Stonyford bridge. Can't drive across this one anymore either. New one just upstream not nearly as photogenic.

Ben
 
Ben70_imp said:
Found another bridge.About 20 miles west of Willows,CA

"Old" Stonyford bridge. Can't drive across this one anymore either. New one just upstream not nearly as photogenic.

Ben
I like this one!
 
Thanks, c-breezy! I need to correct myself. that photo is actually of the "old" bridge at Elk Creek. Stonyford is a bit further upstream:blush:. It's a pretty ride this time of year while the grass is green and its not too hot. It is , however, crossing Stony Creek- Elk Creek is a town. Might be a creek, too. But not this one.

Ben
 
Cool pic and a neat bit of history RockHop
 
My bad. Moved it to an album in photobucket after posting. Seems kind of dumb in retrospect. :blush:

The Omega Bridge is a riveted, steel arch bridge built in the early 1950s to cross the Los Alamos Canyon and connect the town of Los Alamos, New Mexico to technical areas of the Los Alamos National Laboratory. It is owned by the Dept of Energy and was presumably named for the Omega West nuclear test reactor that was located further down the canyon.

32f950400f95628e61caa8ba19fe539c.jpg
 
I like it Delphisa ...looks like a roman archway or something. Very cool
 


Hmmmm, Deja Vu?

Please refer to RockHop's in-depth description of this bridge, just a few post's back, taken in my hood (thanks neighbor). Mine was taken Tuesday, 3/14. The weather has been fantastic lately for March here in northern NM! :thumbsup:
 
You guys should get together for a ride lol
 
GaryMNM_imp said:
Hmmmm, Deja Vu?

Please refer to RockHop's in-depth description of this bridge, just a few post's back, taken in my hood (thanks neighbor). Mine was taken Tuesday, 3/14. The weather has been fantastic lately for March here in northern NM! :thumbsup:
Wow! Another CB in the neighborhood. Based on your avatar, I would have assumed Tesuque instead of LA.

Never used the personal message (PM) function, but this seems like a good time to try it out. Look for the private messages in the main menu.

RockHop (Roger)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top