CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
EmptySea_imp said:
Your CB (and preferably you) need to be in the pic. If you can manage to get your bike into space close enough for a pic with the asteroid, that would probably be some kind of record. If on the other hand, the asteroid where to hit Earth near your CB, it’s fairly likely that your picture would turn out over-exposed. ;)
Harsh situations, but will take those into consideration.





:angel:
 
Okay, less talk ... more rock!

Another pretty 70-degree Fahrenheit January day in Texas. (21 in Celsius.) Did a 95-mile country loop and this is the best I could come up with ...

560c9366885580c98ca2144b18f9e1f1.jpg
 
Neat, zbillster. The gravel is a nice touch.
 
Today the weather "rocked" for Jan 8 ... almost 60 degrees, under partly sunny skies but very windy with an approaching cold front, so I thought I'd take the CB out and see if I could find some rocks for the photo challenge

e147828fb86a8cd81a95e0f928dc9d02.jpg


I live near the river and we have lots of flat rocks here. The Germans that settled here found them perfect for building.... houses, barns, walkways, gardens, etc

adding to zbillster's theme here is a whole church made of rock

58a82af0911b8220f27cfb24fa52f236.jpg


It is the Grant Methodist Church in Pt Pleasant, Ohio about 300 yards north of where the ex President and civil war hero Ulysses S. was born

75c2ff81171d3105cc7f331a6dec6bd8.jpg


They also used these types of rocks for making fences for their land, called dry stack walls, where no mortar was used to hold them together. Just rocks stacked together. These fences have lasted over 100 years made like this

ae4073b6c426dd4dd372ba455fd1af8c.jpg


Can't imagine the labor it took to make the miles and miles of these stack walls I ride past here

of course we have some big non flat rocks too and people use these to mark the end of their drive ways, or for blocks in turn around spots wherever they don't want someone driving

742f97fdd519fdf2788e29c11fb5f008.jpg


Now..my wife is a rock collector and has them from all over the world, even pieces of the Berlin wall, and from Russia and Europe and Canada and Mexico and about every state in the US including Alaska. Whenever I ride someplace new, I have to bring her back a rock. Not sure where this one is from, but it's from her collection and pretty cool I think

d5c196f49eb5bfc924bb65813b8cb995.jpg


That's it. A bunch of rocks.
 
Thread starter
nice array, Ferret. :)
Inasmuch as noroomtomove's photo assignment included the option "Any kind of rock you like", I believe that zbillster's submission not only qualifies but should be applauded for its ingenuity. zbillster gets to pic February's subject, but let's keep this month's assignment ..ummm.. rocking.
 
Great photos Ferret and zbillster.
Ferret, at first, I thought coating on your rock in the last picture had a coating of Au2O3 on it. However, a property of gold oxide is of red-brown color. I don’t think your rock displays enough red in color. Sorry that this wasn’t much help. :huh:
 
suhawk305_imp said:
Great photos Ferret and zbillster.
Ferret, at first, I thought coating on your rock in the last picture had a coating of Au2O3 on it. However, a property of gold oxide is of red-brown color. I don’t think your rock displays enough red in color. Sorry that this wasn’t much help. :huh:
Maybe Iron Oxide? :P
 
Flynrider_imp said:
I happened to be on the CB750 this morning when I came across this pretty big rock.

f2fdd86c8e3029b77b8c3baccd8ccca1.jpg
Flynrider, we already saw your bikes, now is time, you show us your plane with the new engine...otherwise, you can only keep ...rider, please :P
:D
 
peterbaron_imp said:
Flynrider_imp said:
I happened to be on the CB750 this morning when I came across this pretty big rock.

f2fdd86c8e3029b77b8c3baccd8ccca1.jpg
Flynrider, we already saw your bikes, now is time, you show us your plane with the new engine...otherwise, you can only keep ...rider, please :P
:D
OK. Here she is about 1/2 hr. before the first test flight. You'll just have to take my word for it that the new engine is in there. :D

895981c9c8064af794e687a81e4e071d.jpg


And then she flew.

89fc4af0f05f700e17e7ccfe90f6d0ff.jpg
 
Flynrider_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Flynrider_imp said:
I happened to be on the CB750 this morning when I came across this pretty big rock.

f2fdd86c8e3029b77b8c3baccd8ccca1.jpg
Flynrider, we already saw your bikes, now is time, you show us your plane with the new engine...otherwise, you can only keep ...rider, please :P
:D
OK. Here she is about 1/2 hr. before the first test flight. You'll just have to take my word for it that the new engine is in there. :D

895981c9c8064af794e687a81e4e071d.jpg


And then she flew.

89fc4af0f05f700e17e7ccfe90f6d0ff.jpg
OK. Here she is about 1/2 hr. before the first test flight. You'll just have to take my word for it that the new engine is in there. :D

3989de2abf75ead02cde9e0df2ce49e3.jpg


And then she flew.

dc5819e2703ba7c4affc5c2f54d5f852.jpg


Ya, ya...I can smell new engine paint...

:clap::worship:
 
Flynrider_imp said:
I happened to be on the CB750 this morning when I came across this pretty big rock.

f2fdd86c8e3029b77b8c3baccd8ccca1.jpg
Looks like Papago Peak between Scottsdale and Phoenix? Used to love climbing among those rocks. My wife and I got caught in a sand storm there on the 4th of July once...long time ago. Fun days.
 
pdedse_imp said:
Flynrider_imp said:
I happened to be on the CB750 this morning when I came across this pretty big rock.

f2fdd86c8e3029b77b8c3baccd8ccca1.jpg
Looks like Papago Peak between Scottsdale and Phoenix? Used to love climbing among those rocks. My wife and I got caught in a sand storm there on the 4th of July once...long time ago. Fun days.
Good eye! That's exactly where it is.
 
hey it's February... we need a new challenge
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top