Cb1100 market

Tom_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I got left turned on July 2 and crashed pretty hard. Bike may be totaled and I am heartbroken. Also in a fair amount of pain, but that should go away in a few weeks. All things considered, I am very lucky. Wear your helmets and leathers all the time.

I already started window shopping for a replacement and noticed the vast majority of available bikes are 2014s. Mine was a 2013 standard that I just loved. I dig the 5 speed. Don't think I want a 6. The 2013s out there generally had a higher asking price too. If you see any 2013 standards in the Northeast, think of me.

Stay safe everyone.
 
Tom, that’s very bad news. It’s sad about the bike, but good that you can tell us about it. Very best wishes for a speedy recovery.
 
Tom_imp said:
I got left turned on July 2 and crashed pretty hard. Bike may be totaled and I am heartbroken. Also in a fair amount of pain, but that should go away in a few weeks. All things considered, I am very lucky. Wear your helmets and leathers all the time.

I already started window shopping for a replacement and noticed the vast majority of available bikes are 2014s. Mine was a 2013 standard that I just loved. I dig the 5 speed. Don't think I want a 6. The 2013s out there generally had a higher asking price too. If you see any 2013 standards in the Northeast, think of me.

Stay safe everyone.
Tom, Glad you are okay and that you should recover quickly. I have a 2013 which has been upgraded to EX/DLX exhaust as well as other goodies. Less than 2500 miles and only selling due to other health related issues. Pictures attached.
 
Tom, items can be replaced, people or their health cannot.
Speedy and permanent recovery for you is coming for sure
 
Sorry about your misfortune, Tom. Hope you heal quickly and completely. You will find another bike to enjoy. Gman, that is a beautiful bike. Should sell quickly. A nice excuse to go to Florida, even in July.
 
Tom, man, ... so glad you can actually write about the misfortune. Means important things are still working. Of course this is sad news. Let there be a healthy and full recovery and a new, fun ride.
 
m in sc_imp said:
Hope you heal fast, thats a bummer for sure.

I cant understand how anyone would want a 5 speed over a 6 though, that makes zero sense to me. I love my 14 and the fact it has a 6 speed.

Good luck w the search.
Aren't the final ratios unperceptively similar?

Nevertheless, riding mostly in 5th on the 2014+ model allows the beast a better chance to squirt out of freeway rate situations without much rider effort.
 
It depends on your whole riding style. A 5 speed can feel noticably sportier. I achieved an even sportier feeling on my 6 speed by changing my front and rear sprockets to a more rowdy ratio. My advice to anybody whos lamenting not being able to find a 5 speed is to just get some new sprockets.
 
My 2014 is the first bike on which I was never inclined to shift up one more gear.
Roll-on in 6th at 70 MPH, passing a big rig (or 2) on a 2 lane usually resulted in slowing down from 105 after clearing the trucks...seldom downshifted.

And it was nostalgic with 4 into 1 exhaust, as was my 1976 CB750F
 
Sorry to hear about your accident, Tom! But, also glad to hear that you're healing up, and already thinking about your replacement CB1100.
If I were to have to replace mine, I'd like another '13 as well. Not so much for the number of gears it has, but that I personally think the original was the best looking model of the bunch.

Good luck in your search. You'll find one and will be back on two wheels soon enough.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Sorry to hear about your accident, Tom! But, also glad to hear that you're healing up, and already thinking about your replacement CB1100.
If I were to have to replace mine, I'd like another '13 as well. Not so much for the number of gears it has, but that I personally think the original was the best looking model of the bunch.

Good luck in your search. You'll find one and will be back on two wheels soon enough.
See it the same way. The 2013 CB is the original not watered idea of this Honda and shows what the manufactorer had in mind and intended with it. They communicated it very detailed in the press and in interviews. For example why 5 gears, this sort of exhaust system, tank and wheels has been used.

And shortly afterwards those were words of the past and Honda altered the CB year by year until it was put out of the market. It can be called 'natural' development, or adjusting to customer wishes, sporty engineer's spirit or whatever, but not for me, I simly prefer the first and bestlooking model.
 
There is no good reason for 5 gears, if you wanna lower first through fifth just change final gearing.

Six gears will always be better than five, and there are other obvious improvements in later models – the changes in axle size were not by accident, the changing in FSD front forks were not a mistake, etc. not to mention the improved gauge cluster, and probably some other stuff that I can’t think of off the top my head.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
To say the 2013 is the original is disingenuous, because it existed for numerous years in other markets before it ever arrived here.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
There is no good reason for 5 gears, if you wanna lower first through fifth just change final gearing.

Six gears will always be better than five, and there are other obvious improvements in later models – the changes in axle size were not by accident, the changing in FSD front forks were not a mistake, etc. not to mention the improved gauge cluster, and probably some other stuff that I can’t think of off the top my head.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
To say the 2013 is the original is disingenuous, because it existed for numerous years in other markets before it ever arrived here.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The bike was first released in 2010 and the 2013 model sent to the US and Europe was identical to the 2010-12 bikes. There were no changes until 2014. So it’s not completely unreasonable to assert that the 2013 was ‘original’.
 
That’s interesting. If the forum registry is anything to go by, there were more 2013s than 2014s sold.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
That’s interesting. If the forum registry is anything to go by, there were more 2013s than 2014s sold.
I'm going to guess that this bike appeals to a limited number of folks and the first year's sales reflect a good portion of those who really got excited by it. Then the excitement tapered off. But those that really dug the bike are more likely to hang onto it, so less '13s will be for sale.
Just a theory, probably wrong.
 
I'm guessing more '14's for sale as they aren't that pretty or appealing. The standard bike is a boring black color and not as pretty as the '13 red, and neither on terms with the '14 Deluxe.
 
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
That’s interesting. If the forum registry is anything to go by, there were more 2013s than 2014s sold.
I'm going to guess that this bike appeals to a limited number of folks and the first year's sales reflect a good portion of those who really got excited by it. Then the excitement tapered off. But those that really dug the bike are more likely to hang onto it, so less '13s will be for sale.
Just a theory, probably wrong.
I'm going to guess that this bike appeals to a limited number of folks and the first year's sales reflect a good portion of those who really got excited by it. Then the excitement tapered off. But those that really dug the bike are more likely to hang onto it, so less '13s will be for sale.
Just a theory, probably wrong.
Don't be so modest, Bob.
 
Sparky80_imp said:
I'm guessing more '14's for sale as they aren't that pretty or appealing. The standard bike is a boring black color and not as pretty as the '13 red, and neither on terms with the '14 Deluxe.
Hey now. I resemble that remark.

I found my black 14 to be the prettiest of the options we got in the US, And that includes the '17 EX. Call me a typical american? But i think the bike was well served by being blacked out.
 
Back
Top