Lord Popgun
Road warrior
Speed, I’m still working on the 5 minute file. Cormanus and I were doing some stuff last night behind the scenes, but I’m going to try the site you posted right now.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Ok I will edit the video and add the warm up when available.Lord Popgun_imp said:Speed, I’m still working on the 5 minute file. Cormanus and I were doing some stuff last night behind the scenes, but I’m going to try the site you posted right now.
No I havent't. Before replacing the IACV I will try that software fix which seems to be well documented to work ok. I will keep fingers crossed.SportsterDoc_imp said:With deference to Wisedrum's post 1060, as you are in Europe, have you verified your engine control module/unit has Honda's latest program?
Of course a program will not cure a wiring or component issue, but it would be another check before replacing IACV.
I'll never understand why the software fix was made available in Europe, but not for dealerships in the U.S. When I had the idle issue with my '14 standar, I contacted Honda CS and we exchanged letters, emails, and even phone calls and they claimed to have no knowledge of any sofware fix.Speed_imp said:No I havent't. Before replacing the IACV I will try that software fix which seems to be well documented to work ok. I will keep fingers crossed.SportsterDoc_imp said:With deference to Wisedrum's post 1060, as you are in Europe, have you verified your engine control module/unit has Honda's latest program?
Of course a program will not cure a wiring or component issue, but it would be another check before replacing IACV.

1- Warms up normally. From 1500 to 1050 and then stabilizes theremax_imp said:Speed and popgun thanks for all the work.
Before you repair the bike it would be really handy to have a list of symptoms for the next guy and ourselves to reference any further diagnostic tests such as;
1 does the bike warm up normally?
2 has the problem started gradually and does it have good and bad days or is it always faulty?
3 does it only idle high or does it sometimes idle too low?
4 does engine temperature have an influence on the fault?
5 is it always idling at the same high idle ( 1500 ) or does it vary?
6 was there any point in the past that started it off?
7 have you tried to drive the engine hard and did the problem disappear?
8 any other things i have missed.
Since it is still a mystery to us all after spending many hours as a team in the past to finally conclude it was the iacv and not many cases around to refer to and you seem to know your stuff it would be very helpful to know the answers to all these points in one place before the repairs are performed.
Have you seen the pictures from another member showing what is required to be removed to gain access to the iacv?

De nada hermano!:beerchug:max_imp said:Gracias.![]()
Hi Wisedrum,Wisedrum_imp said:Too bad, that a software update isn't allowed to fix the idle problem in the USA. Honda released it due to this problem and it totally cured this very annoying fault unexpensively for me without changing other parts of the bike, which more or less feels like fishing in the dark. The reason for a missfunction is to be seen in a not correct programming for the injection combined with the intake valves, a Honda dealer explained in my country after his treatment. This was that.
Wisedrum
The dealer is Autohaus Aschkar, thet have a webpage with the email address. I tried to send them an e-mail but I don't know what I made with my mail account that is not sending or receiving messages (the master of informatics) since yesterday. So if you get in contact with them and try to get the service bulletin or the Software ID and share it would be very handy, so not everybody is calling them for the same issue and making them work for freesyncronizator_imp said:Hi Wisedrum,Wisedrum_imp said:Too bad, that a software update isn't allowed to fix the idle problem in the USA. Honda released it due to this problem and it totally cured this very annoying fault unexpensively for me without changing other parts of the bike, which more or less feels like fishing in the dark. The reason for a missfunction is to be seen in a not correct programming for the injection combined with the intake valves, a Honda dealer explained in my country after his treatment. This was that.
Wisedrum
Here in Warszawa I am in contact with Honda Motorcycle service dealer.
The Manager of this Honda service is an owner of cb1100 and has 30 years experience as a motorcycle mechanic.
The owner of this Honda service also have CB1100.
I was asking them about ECU software upgrade.
They check especially for my request in honda docs ..which normally are not available for regular dealer.
They consulate it with main technologist from Honda Poland.
No one has ever heard in Poland about software upgrade.
Can You share contact to German service who did for You upgrade of the ECU software ?
What software version was in Your ECU before and what is now ?
Is the any official or unofficial honda document about it?
Can You call him and ask again for details?
The problem is so painful for so many people around the world.
I am in lucky situation that i can drive to Germany (when virus ends) ad go to the dealer for upgrade.
But where ?
Anyway i will later construct new post ... must do a few rides today to check and confirm if my problem is resolved or no.
I accidentally moved the IACV by turning it 1-2 degrees when I tried to remove the plug.
It all changed for good, though not perfectly.
The problem returned, but extremely rarely and on a smaller scale.
Paweł
.Maxmax_imp said:Who else thinks it's an alignment problem, thanks Pavel.
Imagine looking at the iacv from the back;
During the time when the rev's are low, can you blip the throttle and move the iacv 1 "nose up", " nose down" left or right?
If it rights itself during one of these movements that would indicate a misalignment with the cylinder, there are two "o rings" holding the iacv in place, they may have enough flexibility to move just enough to clear the dragging spot.
Next thing is to maintain the new position of the iacv somehow.
Interesting observation Pavel.
Not our bike but here is what the iacv cylinder looks like, notice the pin inside the cylinder which runs in the groove of the piston which prevents the piston to rotate;
What if the bracket on the back of the iacv is slightly off measurement or positioned a bit in one direction?
It seems the piston gets "stuck" when it is extended furthest into the cylinder and restricts the idle air flow the most.
Speed the wiring does not change polarity in a reverse rotation but the micro controller decides to reverse the 90 degree timing step and flips 180 degrees, exactly like when you walk backwards and change the timing of your feet, one behind the other instead of in front, same thing

