Lord Popgun
Road warrior
Riko, tell us how you really feel 
I almost bought one of those things before the CB came out. Dodged a bullet huh?

I almost bought one of those things before the CB came out. Dodged a bullet huh?

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.


ericlo69_imp said:One CB1100 (14'CB1100EX) owner suffers idle speed drop issue for several months; YESTERDAY he sent his bike to HONDA dealer, and dealer's technician diagnosed with computer, no any error code was found (as I mentioned before that problem will disappear temporarily if doing ignition off/on) ; Dealer said that so far no solution for this kind of problem, HONDA Japan is aware this issue, and trying find the root cause and solution.
It seems that the throttle valve assy. or idle speed motor were not the root causes!!!???
well, like I heard from the last time I picked the bike, in Holland they had a good experience by changing the IACV sensor...but its still experimental...The ferret_imp said:Riko..has this cured others? Did Honda say this was a fix? Or are they flying by ear?

The reflashed ECU will void your warranty. If you reflash it to stock before going to the dealer you might be all right with that. I am uncertain as to how the removal of the catalytic converter and other modifications might affect the warranty, but the reflash will definitely have an adverse impact in that respect.beardyweirdy@me.com_imp said:Wow, I just found this thread. I've been having the exact same problem for quite a while. Same, when in heavy city traffic, 20-30 mins in. I've been turning the ignition Off/On to re-set it. That worked as the kill switch on Riko's bike.
I had it down to lots of things, all of my own doing, PCv, Flashed ECU, Air intake mods, Cat Free Exhaust... etc...
Quite relived to find it's not down to my tinkering but obv. not happy to have a faulty bike. Esp. as the Warranty is up next month.
I have the same model as the other faulty bikes, EX 2104.
Riko, have you had any trouble since having the throttle body ass. re-placed?
Thinking I should start some sort of warranty claim before it runs out.