peterbaron
Road warrior
2 x pm sent
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.


Its under the tank. Basically, remove tank and then just unplug it and remove it from its holder. There are pictures of it on the site somewhere. Unless someone posts a more detailed answer, I’ll search for them later.It is easy, but takes patience and time. Read all of this first.louied_imp said:How difficult is ECU replacement? Does anyone have a set of procedures?
Lord Popgun_imp said:Thanks Nacho! I didn’t have the time this morning for the whole procedure. Plus, you have nice pics.
There is a change in the quick disconnects, but I forget what year the change was made. Maybe in ‘17. There are procedures in the How to section.
:beerchug:Cbman, the IACV is not the problem. It is a lot easier to install a new ECU and solve the problem once and forever. My 2013 ran okay for a week or so after I got the new IACV, but then the problem returned. Only when I put in the new ECU did it idle like a new bike. I hope your problem is resolved, but, if it returns, get a new ECU. The intake air control valve (IACV) probably is not your problem. Good luck with this.Cbman_imp said:Well well well; hello everyone! I have good news (at least in my case). Like many others, I was having idle problems and bike shutting off when stopped at a light or while riding. After reading all the discussions here, I decided to change the iacv myself without ant troubleshooting(I know its crazy but didnt want yo spend hours troubleshooting). So I boight the part and with the help Ingot my hands on a service manual. So I took apart the seat, tank, left and right covers; the rear air filter housing and for the life of me, I couldnot remove front air filter housing that is attached to throttle control. In the effort to do all these, I had disconnected the battery and most harnesses including the computer. So I decided to put everything back and accept defete and take the bike to a shop for repairs. I put everything back and to my surprise the bike was fixed by just disconnecting all the parts and letting it sit for a few days... guys; if you have the same issue; try this; it may help!
Fabrimtb said:Hi guys,I live in Europe, my CB1100 is a 2013 model with ABS. After suffered the problems related to the idle instability, today my bike has been updated with the last version of the ECU software, ECUID 0101390102. I hope this can help you.
fabrimtb said:Hi guys, as I wrote in the "old forum', one month ago after read on the web that in Germany an ECU update is available, I asked about it to the local Honda dealer. Officially there is no info about it, on my request the technician connected the PC to the ECU. He found an available update, but at the same time he meet an error on the TPS, he tried to reset it without any result. After did the update, he was able to do the reset. Since then, I did more than 400 Kms, it seems the bike is ok. I hope it will last and help you.
Cbman_imp said:Hello Cbman. Can you please update the forum to let us know if your fix was permanent or not?
Thank you.
Cbman_imp said:Well well well; hello everyone! I have good news (at least in my case). Like many others, I was having idle problems and bike shutting off when stopped at a light or while riding. After reading all the discussions here, I decided to change the iacv myself without ant troubleshooting(I know its crazy but didnt want yo spend hours troubleshooting). So I boight the part and with the help Ingot my hands on a service manual. So I took apart the seat, tank, left and right covers; the rear air filter housing and for the life of me, I couldnot remove front air filter housing that is attached to throttle control. In the effort to do all these, I had disconnected the battery and most harnesses including the computer. So I decided to put everything back and accept defete and take the bike to a shop for repairs. I put everything back
and to my surprise the bike was fixed by just disconnecting all the parts and letting it sit for a few days... guys; if you have the same issue; try this; it may help!