CB1100 "Heritage"

fruno_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
As forum user Henrik from Switzerland mentioned in another post, Honda sells a "heritage" model of the CB 1100 there.

I found some pictures online and I must say that I find it really beautiful. The color scheme and everything.
I was not aware at all that this model even exists.

Does anybody have more information? What are the differences to a normal "EX"? I can see a painted front light, different painting scheme for the tank and most importantly shorter and smaller exhaust pipes.

Those exhaust pipes look great, the stock ones on the EX are quite big and long. I wonder if they would fit on a normal "EX". Does anybody know?

thx, fruno

 
It's basically a 2014 EX with special paint, QD pipes (that do fit normal EX models), rear rack and chrome covers on the instruments. It looks great on the road. No other changes have been made to the bike.
 
Just a correction. As discussed before Honda Corp does not sell this bike. a distributor in Switzerland built this bike from aftermarket parts and sells this bike

edit: Switzerland NOT Sweden
 
Nope, not Sweden....Switzerland!

And it is the official Honda distributor for Switzerland, so still officially Honda. Just like the Dark Racer they sold last year.
 
Oops my bad Switzerland.


Henrik.. But it was not put together at the Honda factory correct? Honda did not make that tank, or those pipes.
 
Well Ferret, BMW do not make the Akrapovic pipes on the R9T, but it is still a BMW. Yamaha do not make Ohlin shocks, but the bikes they sell with Ohlins are still Yamahas. You could say the same for all the bikes with Brembo brakes etc. Honda Switzerland, which is an official Honda retailer, have the special paintjob done and mount the special equipment. It is not like a bike-shop doing it, but actually Honda. Granted, it is not done in a Honda Japan factory, but I still think it qualifies as an official Honda.

I think it is quite common also in the car industry for the distributors in certain countries to make special series that are official cars even though they were not modified in the factory.
 
I had to take another look that is a CB 1100 tank and not a Whitehorse tank as I originally thought. Beautiful bike no matter who is responsible.
 
Thread starter
thanks for enlightening me! Those are a distributor limited special run.

Maybe I should go down there and get one that I can keep in my living room and only take it out on sunny Sundays. I just can't stop looking at it, it looks really good!
 
Haystack.. funny part is I've ridden in Switzerland so I should remember that. Beautiful country.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Haystack.. funny part is I've ridden in Switzerland so I should remember that. Beautiful country.
Some day when I grow up I hope to be able to ride Europe. I drove the family through parts of Britain two years ago and that would be a GREAT ride!
 
All I will say is start saving a little at a time and make it happen. You will not regret it. Europe is awesome. I wanted to ride a BMW thru the Alps since I was 20 years old. Only took another 40 years to do it. I saved for 10 years and although expensive it was the most memorable motorcycle tour I have ever been on. Worth every penny and then some. My wife and I took an Edelweiss tour called "Best Of Europe" through Germany, Switzerland, Austria, France and Lichtenstein. What a great experience. Love to go back. Heck, would love to live there.
 
Back
Top