CB1100 EX from Belgium - the Belgian build

Riko_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Hi all! :hello:

I've been a member since 12-09-2013 (so it seems according to my User CP) and FINALLY on my 141st post I can say that I bought myself a CB1100EX!! :heart:

Yesterday evening right after work I rode with my big scooter 60km towards the dealer to deliver some GPS parts (Tomtom Rider 40 with brace) to install on the CB and to make an order to install the OEM heated grips....and to actually confirm the salescontract!

And so now its really official, I just bought a Honda CB1100EX (still have to do the actual payment tho :P)

Today I got all insurance papers, licenseplate papers, etc in order and I am legal to drive that bike as soon as it arrives.
Wich is, if everything is going as planned, this friday already!
I am very exited!

That bike was sitting there at the dealer for months, I cannot even remember how I bumped upon that specific bike, let alone that specific dealer so far away, but hey I am happy nobody snatched it away from me until now.

But immediately after I got all my legal papers in order, I could make a deal with an individual who was very interested in buying my scooter and here it is the proof, bye bye Burgman 650 Executive ABS:


So now the garage space is empty, hopefully only for one full day, and than this absolute stunning beauty is coming to sleep in his place:

The moment the dealer moved the bike to the workshop, it was so very strange, its like I saw the bike again for the very first time, and especially the shape of that tank from topview made a deep impression to me, so bulky, handsome and symmetrical looking, very neat.
Same for the way the stock pipes look in real life! Awesomeness!

The whole bike is day and night from a pure looks-perspective to my big scooter - Yes, I fell in love.


About the bike itself, as you can see its a EX model, buildyear 2014, with heated grips to be installed and equiped with GPS.

Since I called this a build list, I am planning on adding a bunch of stuff onto it:
- fork gaitors are coming from Japan, but are not being installed as of yet.
- OEM rack + Givi E55 Tech topcase
- OEM engine guards
- black Road Comet faring Type 1 with tinted screen (might order a tinted touring screen as well)
- HAKOFUGU mirrors
- Chic Design black sport trunkseat
- black side panels
- Steelmate TP-90 tire pressure monitoring system (especially with those tube tires)
- smoked Daytona legshield and clear Daytona handguards.

And I will be replacing the spoke wheels with the dual tone mag wheels!
But since this is quit costly (you gotta replace the brake assembly as well...) its not for the near future.

Also planning to black out the front fender, the front shocks and to add a
- Chic Design short rear fender (with some modifications on the rear lights, dual round ones :cool:)
So in all I am aiming at a blacked out bike with a red tank.
But not 100% black.


But first things first, the arrival of the bike on friday (if they aren't too busy, could be saturday, but I certainly hope not!!).
So hopefully a picture update the day after tomorrow!

Bye bye and ride safe! :biker:
 
Well it's about time! Congrats Riko! If only oldF7Guy were still here to see this lol.

Sounds like you have your mods all planned out. Funny how you want mags and some of us would love to have the spokes.

at any rate ride safe Friday and be sure and give us a first ride report.
 
I am finding that the bike grows on you over the years. So your journey has just begun.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Well it's about time! Congrats Riko! If only oldF7Guy were still here to see this lol.

Sounds like you have your mods all planned out. Funny how you want mags and some of us would love to have the spokes.

at any rate ride safe Friday and be sure and give us a first ride report.
thx a lot man, I know this has got to be some kind of all time first on the board, 2+ years membership of a certain bikeforum prior to actually owning the darn thing :)
+ I had more than 2 years time to suck up information :)

About the wheels, don't get me wrong, the look great! but why the heck did Honda opt for tubed tires in this day and age?
If they weren't tubed, I would consider keeping them.
But for me safety is crucial, certainly if you would see the condition of some of our roads and especially since I encountered a nail in the rear tire of my Burgman, I only wonder what would happen if it had tubed tires at that time. :-/

Thats also the reason I am gonna buy a tire pressure monitor system.

And those dual tone mag wheels look very nice, good color combo too imo.



Rboe_imp said:
I am finding that the bike grows on you over the years. So your journey has just begun.
I should show this post to my mother, she was not happy that I sold my trusted and practical scooter.
She fears I'm gonna sell this one too in a few years time, no matter how hard I try to convince her that this is a keeper and one of my original dreambikes :)



Argh, can't wait for friday to begin!
 
today's the day Riko :banana:
 
Thread starter
darn right, aiming for delivery at around 7-7.3PM local time, thats in about 5 hours from now :banana:
 
Congrats on the new bike Riko. A shame that Honda did not use the tubeless spoked rims or offer spoked rims on US models.

Let the farkling begin.
 
Thread starter
no worries, pics are here, didnt forgot about the board, I was just drooling over my new Honda, thats all








 
Congratulations, Riko. Brilliant.
 
Red, spokes, DLX. What is not to love. Congrats, but that smile is just not looking big enough! Did you start it and ride?


2014 CB1100 DLX
2013 CB1100 Std
1990 BMW K75 RT
 
Thread starter
hehe you're right, i'm the worst model you can imagine

started yeah, ridden not yet, but as you can imagine I'm very exited to do so.
If possible I will try to avoid riding in the rain for the first few weeks, I'm in the new owner fase: every spot of dirt and drop of rain is like a world disaster...

but today is a good day to ride, on certain hours
and monday should be a completely rainfree day
 
Thread starter


I'm just back cause there is a little bit of rain, but as soon as it clears up, I'll be on the road again till dusk. :)
 
Back
Top