CB1100 DLX Fairing

kballowe_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
.
Work in progress....... Road Comet2 quarter fairing.
58,000 Yen - painted, stripe, smoked windscreen, delivered - from Samurider.

Ordered this fairing on 22 November and it arrived today. It was packed very well in a high quality box with bubble wrap and lots of Japanese newspapers.

Of course, I had to install it right away.....

Found the rear carrier for the DLX at Samurider.... Interesting that the 2014 DELUXE carrier is different from all the others. It's NOT listed on the Honda website. Just ordered one from (you guessed it) Samurider.

I think this fairing fits 10-16. You can get several colors to match your CB1100. Stripe. No stripe. Different windscreen options. There's another version called Road Comet 1 or something like that. I wanted this one.
.
.
.
b4eb8b1012ad62e8067360f1154c2947.jpg

747c41a7467c14d14ee716a619d81b7a.jpg

.
.
.
Stay tuned......

A couple more weeks and some more "accessories"

It's almost Christmas, right?

lol
 
Nice those RC fairings are first class.
 
Did you send it to Mr T? :P
 
Thread starter
Got up this morning, and there were two cats in that box.
It must be a popular sleeping place.

If ya ever wanted to catch a cat - just set out a box.
.
.
.
ada9798d08d839c40b2330baccaab6c5.jpg

.

:rofl:
.
.
.

In other news....

Mr. "T" sent an email saying that the rear carrier has shipped.
Doing business with them is a little bit different than some places, but it's working out well.
They are very prompt and precise.
 
hmm, you just gave me an idea.... we have some feral cats in the neighborhood that I'd like to mail to someone

seriously Mr T is great to deal with, better than many companies located on this soil. Better customer service, better communications and faster shipping on stuff he has on hand, and always willing to try and find what you want and procure it if he doesn't have it in stock.
 
Thread starter
....
....
One thing that I discovered when installing this fairing is that there is no thread lock on any of the fasteners.

Not the fasteners that I removed, nor the fasteners that I was to install.

I simply could not help myself, so out came a tube of blue Loctite. Blue Loctite is the "gravy" of the fastener world. Put it on everything. Just like biscuits, mashed potatoes, roast beef - gotta have that gravy !

Tune in next week when we will find some new uses for the RED Loctite.
 
Just when I was about to come down on all these cats pics..motorcycles start showing up with them. Darndest thing :dodgy:
 
I've got the same fairing and rear carrier for my deluxe. Couldn't be happy with either although I did purchase the touring windscreen for the road comet and installed it last month... it's awesome for cruising at 75 or above. I was getting too much wind on my torso and shoulders at high speed with the normal one. The new one doesn't quite look as nice with the upturned lip but it works great.
btw... kballowe... where are your RLETs? Can't have a decent CB without them RLETs...
 
Thread starter
AndyHe_imp said:
I've got the same fairing and rear carrier for my deluxe. Couldn't be happy with either although I did purchase the touring windscreen for the road comet and installed it last month... it's awesome for cruising at 75 or above. I was getting too much wind on my torso and shoulders at high speed with the normal one. The new one doesn't quite look as nice with the upturned lip but it works great.
btw... kballowe... where are your RLETs? Can't have a decent CB without them RLETs...
Where did you get the touring windscreen ? When I purchased the fairing, I specifically asked for the touring screen, and was told that it was no longer available.

RLETS - yes !


lol
 
kballowe_imp said:
AndyHe_imp said:
I've got the same fairing and rear carrier for my deluxe. Couldn't be happy with either although I did purchase the touring windscreen for the road comet and installed it last month... it's awesome for cruising at 75 or above. I was getting too much wind on my torso and shoulders at high speed with the normal one. The new one doesn't quite look as nice with the upturned lip but it works great.
btw... kballowe... where are your RLETs? Can't have a decent CB without them RLETs...
Where did you get the touring windscreen ? When I purchased the fairing, I specifically asked for the touring screen, and was told that it was no longer available.

RLETS - yes !


lol
Bought it in October from Samurider. His item number was chic0087 if that helps.

Here is details from him on it:

2016-10-03
Dear Andy,

It is nice to hear from you again.
Regards to the "ChicDesign:Aero touring windscreen (chic0087)",

Price: 14000JPY
Shipping: 2900JPY
Total Price: 16900-JPY / approx. $170-US

*lead time: 1 week.

I will send you a PayPal invoice, if you agree with that.
Looking forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks,

Takashi
 
Back
Top