CB1100 Deluxe in CA.?

norcal1_imp

New to the forum
Thread starter
Hello, I am new to the forum. I am looking for a CB1100 Deluxe in CA. if anyone knows of a dealer with one, please let me know. I called a dealer in San Diego yesterday who had a ad on Cycletrader, but it is sold. He told me there are two in CA. but would not disclose the dealer, just kept trying to get me to buy the black one he had. They have the black one here in N. Cal.right down the street. Any information would be help. Thanks in advance.
 
Welcome, NorCal. Ironic that you are in Northern California, since I ended up going to Roseville (near Sacramento) for my DLX!

Good luck on your search. The DLX is a bit elusive.

And FTR, I had a couple local dealers pull that bait and switch s**t on me. Hate that.
 
Good luck, NorCal.

Do dealers do deals with one another to get bikes for customers? You'd think they would if they were interested in long-term customers.
 
Cormanus,

My dealer does. How it works I don't know. I do know they try ordering from the Honda warehouse first. They are not a Powerhouse shop so don't stock all models. I would guess they may lose some sales to a bigger dealer we have in town because of that.
 
Between dealers, a swap, and/or cash. Dealers don't like it, or so my dealer said when I wanted what he did not have what I wanted. The one with the higher want is at a disadvantage in the negotiation. I'm sure Ferret could confirm the process.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Dealer did not have DLX in stock but got one from another dealer in "Baltimore". No details shared with me, but my dealer got bike even though he slightly complained re. trip to Baltimore to get bike.

Asked before but got no real answer. Does anyone have any idea re. how many 2014 DLXs were imported? Mine is #299.
 
Thread starter
Thanks for all the help guys. No luck though. I called Honda Corp and they gave me two dealers that should have one but both had sold in the last two weeks. They told me they were not selling 2015's but will be bringing them back for 2016. So I guess I will just wait until next march for the 16's.
 
That being said, does anyone have a count re. how many 2014 DLX were sold/imported into the U.S.A.? Interested in exact number. Mine is #299.
 
Teamwalker_imp said:
That being said, does anyone have a count re. how many 2014 DLX were sold/imported into the U.S.A.? Interested in exact number. Mine is #299.
The highest DLX number in the registry appears to be 622. The standards are up above 2000. That might be why it's a lot harder to find a DLX these days.
 
Congrats Frulk,

When do you get to ride it home?
 
Thanks..Monday PM..shop is down a mechanic because the 3rd one took vacation time and is in Vegas. I'll suffer through it somehow:s
 
Well thats not bad. Mine got parked in the shop storeroom as it was cold rainey nasty weather and I had/wanted to wait for a break in the weather. I guess I could have hired Ferret. He'll ride in Arctic conditions and complain its too hot! ;)
 
Congratulations and welcome aboard, Frulk.
 
StackMan all of the black ones are standards.
 
Back
Top