CB1100 Crash Bars - SW Mototech

on T 30's 2nd pic in that post.. about half way down on right side it looks like his is grinding something there too. Appears to be a flat surface there. What is that?

Looks to me as he is getting awfully close to grinding on the frame? I wouldn't think thta possible and still stay upright.
 
Looks like the mount and an acorn nut.
 
No popgun, not in the middle of the pic, same level far right hand side of the pic. A weld maybe? But it looks like it has grind scratches on it.
 
Rocky_imp said:
I'm in Canada and got it from an online company up here - imported from England.
Search the forum for Fenda Extenda (fender extender) and you may uncover where the US guys got theirs.
I know there was much discussion about them and how to put them on quite some time ago.
Which Canadian supplier you can purchase the Fender extender?
 
While this thread is freshly bumped I just want to pop in to say I was unlucky enough to crash-test these bars last week.

They very may well have saved my leg from being smashed between my bike and a Prius that decided to blindly turn into oncoming traffic.

The bike ended up on the opposite side of the impact and saved that entire side of the engine and covers... Handlebars, pillion peg, clutch lever and windshield weren't quite as lucky.

Definitely getting these bars again for my next CB.....
92ae3a4a6d2a5796feb33607a364dd6c.jpg
 
mattvoyle_imp said:
While this thread is freshly bumped I just want to pop in to say I was unlucky enough to crash-test these bars last week.

They very may well have saved my leg from being smashed between my bike and a Prius that decided to blindly turn into oncoming traffic.

The bike ended up on the opposite side of the impact and saved that entire side of the engine and covers... Handlebars, pillion peg, clutch lever and windshield weren't quite as lucky.

Definitely getting these bars again for my next CB.....
92ae3a4a6d2a5796feb33607a364dd6c.jpg
I'm glad you're ok man, that's the important part. You can always get a new bike, a new leg.. not so much. I'm on my 2nd CB as well. Totaled the bike cosmetically; I limped away battered and bruised but uninjured. Thanks for the pics of the bars.
 
buckwheat_imp said:
mattvoyle_imp said:
While this thread is freshly bumped I just want to pop in to say I was unlucky enough to crash-test these bars last week.

They very may well have saved my leg from being smashed between my bike and a Prius that decided to blindly turn into oncoming traffic.

The bike ended up on the opposite side of the impact and saved that entire side of the engine and covers... Handlebars, pillion peg, clutch lever and windshield weren't quite as lucky.

Definitely getting these bars again for my next CB.....
92ae3a4a6d2a5796feb33607a364dd6c.jpg
I'm glad you're ok man, that's the important part. You can always get a new bike, a new leg.. not so much. I'm on my 2nd CB as well. Totaled the bike cosmetically; I limped away battered and bruised but uninjured. Thanks for the pics of the bars.
I'm glad you're ok man, that's the important part. You can always get a new bike, a new leg.. not so much. I'm on my 2nd CB as well. Totaled the bike cosmetically; I limped away battered and bruised but uninjured. Thanks for the pics of the bars.

Oh definitely, I'm very happy it wasn't worse because it very easily could have been. I ride ATGATT and my gear probably saved me a great deal of agony.

Also got a pretty great gopro video out of it, which the other parties insurance rep was just thrilled to see. :clap:
 
Please don't share the video Matt; I've no taste for gore and tragedy.

It's good you're OK! And very sad about the bike.
 
Sorry to hear that Matt and als glad to hear you are ok.

Prius's are pretty small cars, but pretty big and substantial compared to a motorcycle.
 
Is the video on youtube? I know it can be tough to watch some of them, but they can also serve as good learning tools.

As others have said, I'm glad to hear you got out of this okay.
 
I'm here to report after dropping my bike at ~60 mph.

Bought the guards several months ago, but for some reason decided to install them before going down the shore this past weekend. Looks like they saved my engine from getting scrapped. In fact, I rode it home another 2 hours after the crash.


Gallery
What you don't see is how much it bent inward. Good 30 degrees towards the engine casing. Half of the metal is gone, ground off. My bike went sliding for about 150' easy. Sparks everywhere. I'm okay, in case anyone is wondering. Protective gear works, don't neglect it.

There is a video if anyone wants to see.
 
Hmmm! Maybe I will skip the rear rack and buy engine guards instead.

I see you are a MadDog fan. I found mine helps extend my comfort level. But I still need to stand on the pegs coming home at the end of the day though. Yup! Really should buy those engine guards.

The side bags look interesting. After getting rained on for an hour on my last ride, I am looking for some storage space for my rain suit. No good hanging in the closet at home. What make are the bags?
 
With that exhaust pipe crushed like that it must have run poorly and I would be worried about valve damage driving it for 2 hrs in that condition.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
 
Jim21680_imp said:
Is the video on youtube? I know it can be tough to watch some of them, but they can also serve as good learning tools.

As others have said, I'm glad to hear you got out of this okay.
I haven't posted it anywhere, want to get through the insurance settlement before I do, just to be on the safe side.

I met with the other parties adjuster and once she saw my footage she verbally confirmed they'd be taking full responsibility. The repair estimate from the dealership I took it to came to about $20,000.... So yeah, she's totaled. :(

Thanks everyone for the well wishes, I was extremely lucky to have escaped relatively uninjured thanks to my gear. My d30 knee pads might have saved me from a shattered knee, but I still get anxious thinking about how close I was to losing a leg. The crash bars definitely helped.

Ride safe guys!
 
Glad you're OK, LikeaFox, and sorry about the bike. Her's your pictures ...

bb7a0c4c7fe6d9b5fec6a77e3a95b8b6.jpg


264b3686600760ce9218f03427306f89.jpg


297a27bd0fa90a62b346f2e76e23a54e.jpg


dbfa55399ed08a2065114783a0f0ee1c.jpg


Elipten, where's the crushed pipe?
 
Back
Top