CB1100 Crash Bars - SW Mototech

kballowe_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I wanted chrome.
Then, I didn't want chrome.

Read threads on crash bars for a week.

You know what? Everything I have ever purchased from SW Mototech has been good stuff - so that's what got ordered. Thinking they were gloss black..... SURPRISE ! they're flat black. Oh well.

Easy installation.
.
.
b2b391b756a3cbcf30fac63a311a17a2.jpg

f4bbf74813cf709ae32658b7f0bac2d4.jpg

9cebccca17dbf459f9ffbd59673f7a8c.jpg

.
.
.
.
Now, to look for some highway pegs.
.
If any of you have thoughts on highway pegs - please don't be shy.
.
In the mean time, I am trying to discover the correct dimensions to fabricate a backrest that will bolt onto the rear carrier.

Or get one of those tall, pointy sissy bars......

:D:D:D
.
.
 
I'm in Canada and got it from an online company up here - imported from England.
Search the forum for Fenda Extenda (fender extender) and you may uncover where the US guys got theirs.
I know there was much discussion about them and how to put them on quite some time ago.
 
A few members have organized highway pegs. Have a search and I'm sure you'll find something.
 
I loved my SW Motech crash bars.....and tested them twice.

Thy are super heavy duty. The flat black color allows them to blend in. An the decal was easy to peel off.

I fabricated some brackets to mount a Jardine mini backrest to an OEM rear rack. Tools used: Hacksaw, file and drill. My wife loved the ride, especially combined with a K&H tall seat.
 
Thread starter
CB4ME_imp said:
I loved my SW Motech crash bars.....and tested them twice.

Thy are super heavy duty. The flat black color allows them to blend in. An the decal was easy to peel off.

I fabricated some brackets to mount a Jardine mini backrest to an OEM rear rack. Tools used: Hacksaw, file and drill. My wife loved the ride, especially combined with a K&H tall seat.
What a coincidence !
.
I ALSO have a hacksaw, file, and a drill !
.
:D:D:D
.
.
3adc95eb62a4221b68e96e673f790deb.jpg

.
.
.
.
I think I saw your posts about the backrest. In fact, I have several of those links bookmarked. - Thanks !
.
In the mean time, there's a nice day bag mounted to an OEM Honda rear carrier. The Wife says the bike is too little for her to ride as a passenger. Translation: We ain't as skinny as we used to be. hahahahahahahahahaha




pdedse_imp said:

I'm also a member on Advrider - and read that trip report some time ago.
.
It's a very nice report !
.
.
 
kballowe_imp said:
I wanted chrome.
Then, I didn't want chrome.

Read threads on crash bars for a week.

You know what? Everything I have ever purchased from SW Mototech has been good stuff - so that's what got ordered. Thinking they were gloss black..... SURPRISE ! they're flat black. Oh well.

Easy installation.
.
.
b2b391b756a3cbcf30fac63a311a17a2.jpg

f4bbf74813cf709ae32658b7f0bac2d4.jpg

9cebccca17dbf459f9ffbd59673f7a8c.jpg

.
.
.
.
Now, to look for some highway pegs.
.
If any of you have thoughts on highway pegs - please don't be shy.
.
In the mean time, I am trying to discover the correct dimensions to fabricate a backrest that will bolt onto the rear carrier.

Or get one of those tall, pointy sissy bars......

:D:D:D
.
.
I have a new 2014 all black CB. I bought these case guards for mine and they are excellent. Plus they have slight design advantage compared to most the case guards that bolt straight on to the engine frame mounts. The SW mounts have two slight offsets from their mount points. If the bike goes down these offsets (to a degree) will absorb some of the force of impact and bend. The straight on mounts will deliver directly the full force of impact to the engine/frame mounts. I'd rather buy new case guards than deal with possible frame tweeking.
 
harishsknair_imp said:
justinlself_imp said:
What's the verdict, do these scrape in turns?

I have them on my bike. I scrapped my side stand on the track. Nothing on the case protectors yet.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have them on my bike. I scrapped my side stand on the track. Nothing on the case protectors yet.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Good to hear!

Sent from my Z963U using Tapatalk
 
harishsknair_imp said:
justinlself_imp said:
What's the verdict, do these scrape in turns?

I have them on my bike. I scrapped my side stand on the track. Nothing on the case protectors yet.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same here, took the CB1100 to the track with these on. Only scraped pegs, no issues with the guards.
 
^ I was still confused on how that one member scraped his SWM Bars before the pegs. Did he have the fork raised a bit through the trees? It's the only answer I can come up with.
 
Jim21680_imp said:
^ I was still confused on how that one member scraped his SWM Bars before the pegs. Did he have the fork raised a bit through the trees? It's the only answer I can come up with.
Jim, I must have missed that post. There was a member who managed to lever the bike off the pavement in a turn, but not with SWM bars.
 
Back
Top