CB1100 Concept Type II

RockHop_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Apparently revealed by Honda before the Tokyo Motor show.

d4a98b53512866df70dbd3ef55f8b25f.jpg


Here is a write-up from GAADI.COM today.
 
Um, not sure about that. I would like to see it with a rider on board as the seat looks very low and with rearsets it could be quite cramped. The front doesn't seem 'cafe racer' enough but a headlamp cowl would help. I hope Honda have done some work on the accessory catalogue as they need to compete in an accessory fuelled marketplace.
 
Looks cool. Kind of odd for a concept bike, as it looks more like something that should be on BikeExif than something built by a manufacturer. I do like that seat though and it does look like it would fit the normal CB subframe.
 
I think this bike is stunning. I don't mind the oil cooler because the bike doesn't have as elemental or classical a design as a standard CB1100 or DLX. Hopefully it goes as well as it looks, or else it'll be just another bling-adorned poser.
 
I wonder how long until we'll see one here on the forums. Of course it'll need risers, a mid control swap, a full fairing, and at least five pieces of luggage. Don't want anyone to treat it like a sportier bike.

Hahahaha

I couldn't resist since FOUR people felt the need to pile on about the oil cooler. Turn about being fair play and all, gentlemen. All in good fun.


Sent from an undisclosed location
 
2009 quote from Hirofumi Fukanaga (Chief Engineer of the original CB1100):

“We can’t say no to this bike. It’s not just a simple concept bike – it can’t be. I can’t say when, but the way the European market is going we may well be seeing naked bikes and retro bikes out-selling sportsbikes and the CB1100 has been designed with a long time of development ahead of it.”
 
OK, I just noticed the deal killer. Shorty levers do not allow for RLET's. Stop the madness, Honda.
 
Back
Top