CB1100 Cargo hold installation

Sfomoto_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
My new cargo hold finally arrived...Technically newly acquired. Installation was extremely easy and required no major modifications.

625ced26f944d5fcc1c43520b5b2b153.jpg

8bd7c5eaf0a5b2b0aab4c92333a1882f.jpg

b5804630911509a09c133e6415190aa8.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I have one of those, on my TW. Bolted on.

That bike is an appliance...a fun appliance but an appliance. So that sort of trunk works just fine.

The CB...it's more a work of art.

I am considering what kind of hard trunk to buy, though...my tailbag doesn't work with the turn signals and it's old anyway. Time for something different.
 
Thread starter
JustPassinThru_imp said:
I have one of those, on my TW. Bolted on.

That bike is an appliance...a fun appliance but an appliance. So that sort of trunk works just fine.

The CB...it's more a work of art.

I am considering what kind of hard trunk to buy, though...my tailbag doesn't work with the turn signals and it's old anyway. Time for something different.
I have a Givi for my Street Triple. It works great and they are reliable.
I love the CB because of its versatility and simplicity.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
dr_rock_imp said:
Love it. Good for record shopping too.
True, LP records sound great.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
treytexag_imp said:
Outstanding. Very roomy, and "aerodynamic" venting built-in for those times the carrier is empty!!
Yes, it is great for running errands.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The ferret_imp said:
Now, that's retro!
Yes with the crate on my CB is often mistaken for a vintage Honda.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Sfomoto_imp said:
JustPassinThru_imp said:
I have one of those, on my TW. Bolted on.

That bike is an appliance...a fun appliance but an appliance. So that sort of trunk works just fine.

The CB...it's more a work of art.

I am considering what kind of hard trunk to buy, though...my tailbag doesn't work with the turn signals and it's old anyway. Time for something different.
I have a Givi for my Street Triple. It works great and they are reliable.
I love the CB because of its versatility and simplicity.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a Givi for my Street Triple. It works great and they are reliable.
I love the CB because of its versatility and simplicity.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was kinda hoping to figure out a cross between the BMW GS hard trunk, and a toolbox. Something functional and square, yet tasteful.

If I can't figure it out, I MAY just bolt a toolbox to the carrier. :thumbsup:
 
Sfomoto_imp said:
My new cargo hold finally arrived...Technically newly acquired. Installation was extremely easy and required no major modifications.

625ced26f944d5fcc1c43520b5b2b153.jpg

8bd7c5eaf0a5b2b0aab4c92333a1882f.jpg

b5804630911509a09c133e6415190aa8.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Then again, maybe you're just a natural when it comes to bungee cord engineering.

There very might very well be be strong demand for you to put together a detailed write up for the How-To section.

(Awesome photos, thanks for sharing!)
 
Thread starter
Guth_imp said:
Sfomoto_imp said:
My new cargo hold finally arrived...Technically newly acquired. Installation was extremely easy and required no major modifications.

625ced26f944d5fcc1c43520b5b2b153.jpg

8bd7c5eaf0a5b2b0aab4c92333a1882f.jpg

b5804630911509a09c133e6415190aa8.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Then again, maybe you're just a natural when it comes to bungee cord engineering.

There very might very well be be strong demand for you to put together a detailed write up for the How-To section.

(Awesome photos, thanks for sharing!)
Then again, maybe you're just a natural when it comes to bungee cord engineering.

There very might very well be be strong demand for you to put together a detailed write up for the How-To section.

(Awesome photos, thanks for sharing!)
Lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Brilliant Sfmoto! How long did it take to match the color?
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
Brilliant Sfmoto! How long did it take to match the color?
My wife brought tons of Fiesta-Ware from Ohio, and she used the crates to transport the dishes. As soon as I saw it I knew that crate was mine.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
redbirds_imp said:
Simple is smart. I like it but can you get one in carbon fiber?
Hahahaha


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have another crate that I use to store my LP records. Here are some of my favorites:
852e4e97e07a10a736f20acc49f63c6a.jpg

8db023e29f91b9217a686a246dc9cc99.jpg

ec5277edf6d9fd9e63e00f67611fbb00.jpg

a903ec4fe80b7105bcb4b6cf7436d40f.jpg
c47f63f393684b6c0d0afaf960093a7b.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Sfomoto_imp said:
redbirds_imp said:
Simple is smart. I like it but can you get one in carbon fiber?
Hahahaha


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have another crate that I use to store my LP records. Here are some of my favorites:
852e4e97e07a10a736f20acc49f63c6a.jpg

8db023e29f91b9217a686a246dc9cc99.jpg

ec5277edf6d9fd9e63e00f67611fbb00.jpg

a903ec4fe80b7105bcb4b6cf7436d40f.jpg
c47f63f393684b6c0d0afaf960093a7b.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I thought you were going to show us some of your favorite crates!;) Anyway, good choice of music. Some of my favorites, as well.
 
Sfomoto_imp said:
My new cargo hold finally arrived...Technically newly acquired. Installation was extremely easy and required no major modifications.

625ced26f944d5fcc1c43520b5b2b153.jpg

8bd7c5eaf0a5b2b0aab4c92333a1882f.jpg

b5804630911509a09c133e6415190aa8.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is that accessory available in other factory colors, or just the red?
 
Back
Top