Cb1100 Cafe Racer

treedoc_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Trademe is the NZ equivalent of ebay, and there has been a listing for one of the Honda NZ 'build-off' bikes for the past few months.

The NZ build off was a competition that NZ Honda dealerships ran customising the CB1100 a few years back.

There is a youtube vid with the entries

This particular bike was listed for $17995 and claims over $35k was put into the build.

It has recently been relisted for $10995, seems like a good price!

da2c609439fd055e3caee1ac000ecdae.png


I am in no way affiliated with the sale or bike, but here is the listing if anyone is interested, has a few more photos and a list of changes made

Sports for sale | New & Used | Trade Me Motors
 
Not knowing DOT regulations in NZ, just wonder if this could be legally certified.
Absolutely no idea where $35K went to as claimed.....:(
 
Thread starter
peterbaron_imp said:
Not knowing DOT regulations in NZ, just wonder if this could be legally certified.
Absolutely no idea where $35K went to as claimed.....:(
I guess the retail was about $20k? And a pricey hourly rate for the mods????
 
Yeah, unfortunately no brainers are the most popular and expensive, everywhere.
 
Looks cool. I'm guessing the battery and electrics are under that seat cowl? Nicely done.

I found it hilarious someone here questioned if it was "Street Legal." I'm sure 99% of cafe racer folk don't care... I've seen crazier in California where CARB (California Air Resource Board) are the biggest eco-fascists of them all.
 
peterbaron_imp said:
Not knowing DOT regulations in NZ, just wonder if this could be legally certified.
Absolutely no idea where $35K went to as claimed.....:(
Not forgetting that's $25K US and they might have included the full retail cost of the bike in that. Plus, the wages of the boss supervising the apprentice doing the work. :dodgy:

Personally, I find Cafe Racer conversions are very predictable to a large degree, lacking in imagination. Chop the tail, swap the tank (he didn't even go that far), and throw some clip-ons on and bar end mirrors and hey presto, behold my "custom" machine.

The guy who got that full fairing fitted must have put a lot more work into his machine and has created something quite different.
 
If I were that particular apprentice boss, I would stop him at the cost of $1000 or less...:s
 
Back
Top