metalmaven_imp
Running like a top
Thread starter
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
That no joke. It's really incredible what people can do, but the time and effort things take is never really understood by the purchaser in the end. I absolutely love my 2014 CB. I wonder the same thing about profit because it had to take a ton of time and money, though its not like they had to start from scratch. I read up on the motor a little, sounds like that was what took the most time. I don't know much about motors at all, those people are the real engineers and it baffles my mind!CIP57_imp said:Custom work takes a lot of time and effort, imagine all the time and design that goes into the parts of a motorcycle. The CB had a 4 year run, the amount of R&D that Honda spent to bring this bike to manufacturing I wonder what the profit margin could be??
I work in the engineering department designing products that are just as complex as a motorcycle. The key is to reuse as much as you can from other areas. For the CB1100, it shares many parts from other bikes where possible. Some we notice, many we don't.CIP57_imp said:Custom work takes a lot of time and effort, imagine all the time and design that goes into the parts of a motorcycle. The CB had a 4 year run, the amount of R&D that Honda spent to bring this bike to manufacturing I wonder what the profit margin could be??
Well I could only hope that this is my last hurdle but yes it is looking promising. The backrest is my main mission right now and then I will definitely be coming up with a rack option. It will take some time as I really really really want these to be top quality.ischliky_imp said:So was this your last major hurdle? Here's to hoping you have a model that also has a luggage rack with the backrest before my next trip so I can skip figuring our what crap I actually need vrs crap I can leave at home.



Thanks Furius blue, My next one will be a lot better. The shape of the bracket really does toughen up the look of the back end. Cant wait to see it all blacked out and mounted.furious_blue_imp said:Man, that looks *industrial*, in the best possible way. Cool stuff !
Sure lol, its about 10 seconds if you have the proper allen wrench in hand.The ferret_imp said:Have you done a time study for installation and removal?
Thanks a lot! The wife likes it too. I am taking a break from my next version, but I have some improvements to make so I am a little excited to get going on my next one.treytexag_imp said:Metal, it really did turn out nice sir. I like the whole quick on / quick off concept.