Elipten_imp
Road warrior
Now something like that for hard luggage and a rear rack is what I would love to have for my CBs!
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
When you say "as is", do you mean in the state that it is in in my last picture? As in just the main bracket?12milesout_imp said:If you have time to fab another, I'd be interested in purchasing one as-is. I'd really like to use my army ruck instead of 'adventure luggage' (Twisted Throttle is just up the road), and your setup looks like an awesome alternative to the Ventura Pack-rack. Let me know..,
I'm cool with that. As it stands right now there is no lock mechanism. It hooks in on the front two posts and pivots down on the rear posts.12milesout_imp said:Yep; main bracket, bare metal. My idea is to weld a rack to it and have the whole thing powder-coated.
Sounds great. I will create a special item for it in my Etsy store so you can pay thru there to make it easy. Give me a couple days and its yours. I will let you know.12milesout_imp said:I'm sure I can come up with something. That National Cycle paladin rack is cool, but I can justify spending $300 just to hack it up. I don't necessarily need quick-release, but I'd like something a bit easier than bolt-on.

Cool yeah I am trying to save a little money by having the powdercoater use a paint that he already has set up for a job he is running at the time I bring these to him, but it needs to be a flat black or close for sure on these first few. I want to do some silver ones right away too for the guys with non-black bikes but it will keep cost down if I run one color in this first group..ischliky_imp said:I was hoping you would do a flat black or a silver/chrome that matches the rear fender.
The ferret' pid='90231' dateline='1432052052 said:metal..did I miss a pic of one of these prototypes actually mounted on a bike? Like to see one.
2nd Q .. for someone interested not in a back rest, but in an easily removable small luggage rack, is there going to be an option for that somehow?
This is about where its at. I added a stiffener on the rear top edge as you can see in my crappy picture. I have that welded now and need to do some finish grinding and tap a few holes. I still need to work out the pad mount situation and the handles I mentioned a few posts ago are hitting the pesky blinkers as of now so I need to figure that out also. Might even go without the handles this run idk.
As far as the rack option, I will definitely come up with that. The main bracket here is the heart of a million possibilities, and my mind kind of won't stop running through them...
I have one set of these, see post#13 the set on the right actually. In this exact state if anyone is interested. You will need some welding and some grinding. Grinding wise there is a clearance issue with hitting the blinker mount and part of the bracket (about 1/8th inch) need to be ground away. About a 15 minute job. If anyone wants this "as is" project I will create an item for it in my Etsy store. Let me know.metalmaven_imp said:Well I got some brackets lasered and bent up.
Cant wait to get home from work today and see how they
fit!