CB1100 and CB1000F side by side

flynrider

Road warrior
Thread starter
After riding these two bikes back to back, one of the things I felt was that I was definitely sitting higher on the 1100. I snapped this pic today when I noticed that there really a noticable difference.

Note : I'm aware that my garage clean up is long overdue
:)

sidebyside_copy_1000x750.webp
 
Wow I'm surprised the seat height is that low on the F. I'll have to find one to sit on. Munchkin legs like mine can appreciate that.
 
Not sure what you mean by tighter. The 1000F has a lower seat height, so it easier to flatfoot. It's also narrower, so my knees are closer in.
Are your legs folded tighter? further back and closer to the seat.
I have finally rode a CB1100 and the leg room is less than my 750 Nighthawk. Hope I can deal with it.
 
Are your legs folded tighter? further back and closer to the seat.
I have finally rode a CB1100 and the leg room is less than my 750 Nighthawk. Hope I can deal with it.

I did have an issue with the "cramped" or tight feel of the CB1100 sitting position compared to other bikes I've owned the last 10 years: a Triumph Street Twin, a Kawasaki W800 and a RE INT650. I'm nearly 6'4" w/ 34" inseam and all 3 other bikes felt a little more loose than the CB1100. People laugh at my bleacher pad I use on the CB1100, but that 1" really makes a big difference. Stretching too. I have a routine of stretching the hip joint area that I do 3-4x per week. After about a month, the slight hip pain went away and allowed me to enjoy the CB1100 rides a lot more.
 
I sat on an F at the showroom a few days ago. I did notice that it was easy for my 29" inseam legs to flat foot the bike. They look good together!
And yeah, if you can see the floor and fit your stuff inside, garage is fine.
 
Back
Top