CB11 Scrambler!

buck80mph_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Has anyone ever entertained the thought of converting the CB into a retro scrambler? Obviously it would be just for the looks not the function. However, with the proper tires I know the CB can easily handle gravel roads. I toured an old cemetery in Co. with little winding gravel and grass roads...
 
Love to see it. Wouldn't do it to mine, but would love to see someone else do it to theirs. Can you imagine 4 high pipes ...Yiiiiii
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Love to see it. Wouldn't do it to mine, but would love to see someone else do it to theirs. Can you imagine 4 high pipes ...Yiiiiii
Exactly! 4 high pipes with the vintage perferated heat shields...
 
It could possibly look very cool
 
I never really liked scramblers, but if I needed one, like living on a big ranch or something, then I might want one. I do think it's cool when someone has the guts to modify a perfectly good motorcycle. What would be wrong with a 4 into 1 high exhaust? It would look cool. But, I was always afraid I would burn my leg on one of those things.
 
buck80mph_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Love to see it. Wouldn't do it to mine, but would love to see someone else do it to theirs. Can you imagine 4 high pipes ...Yiiiiii
Exactly! 4 high pipes with the vintage perferated heat shields...
Exactly! 4 high pipes with the vintage perferated heat shields...
LMAO ! Don't get no ideas with mine! LOL! With that said even in 1966 most kids in my lil town were all rebelling together with their 305 Scramblers while I the Real Rebel rode the 305 Super Hawk instead!
The truth be known I may have wanted the Scrambler as well but my Dad thought the Super Hawk might get me in less trouble than the Scrambler!
 
Thread starter
jamboa_imp said:
buck80mph_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Love to see it. Wouldn't do it to mine, but would love to see someone else do it to theirs. Can you imagine 4 high pipes ...Yiiiiii
Exactly! 4 high pipes with the vintage perferated heat shields...
Exactly! 4 high pipes with the vintage perferated heat shields...
LMAO ! Don't get no ideas with mine! LOL! With that said even in 1966 most kids in my lil town were all rebelling together with their 305 Scramblers while I the Real Rebel rode the 305 Super Hawk instead!
The truth be known I may have wanted the Scrambler as well but my Dad thought the Super Hawk might get me in less trouble than the Scrambler!
Exactly! 4 high pipes with the vintage perferated heat shields...
LMAO ! Don't get no ideas with mine! LOL! With that said even in 1966 most kids in my lil town were all rebelling together with their 305 Scramblers while I the Real Rebel rode the 305 Super Hawk instead!
The truth be known I may have wanted the Scrambler as well but my Dad thought the Super Hawk might get me in less trouble than the Scrambler!
Scramblers are faster...:biker:
 
buck80mph_imp said:
jamboa_imp said:
buck80mph_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Love to see it. Wouldn't do it to mine, but would love to see someone else do it to theirs. Can you imagine 4 high pipes ...Yiiiiii
Exactly! 4 high pipes with the vintage perferated heat shields...
Exactly! 4 high pipes with the vintage perferated heat shields...
LMAO ! Don't get no ideas with mine! LOL! With that said even in 1966 most kids in my lil town were all rebelling together with their 305 Scramblers while I the Real Rebel rode the 305 Super Hawk instead!
The truth be known I may have wanted the Scrambler as well but my Dad thought the Super Hawk might get me in less trouble than the Scrambler!
Exactly! 4 high pipes with the vintage perferated heat shields...
LMAO ! Don't get no ideas with mine! LOL! With that said even in 1966 most kids in my lil town were all rebelling together with their 305 Scramblers while I the Real Rebel rode the 305 Super Hawk instead!
The truth be known I may have wanted the Scrambler as well but my Dad thought the Super Hawk might get me in less trouble than the Scrambler!
Scramblers are faster...:biker:
Exactly! 4 high pipes with the vintage perferated heat shields...
LMAO ! Don't get no ideas with mine! LOL! With that said even in 1966 most kids in my lil town were all rebelling together with their 305 Scramblers while I the Real Rebel rode the 305 Super Hawk instead!
The truth be known I may have wanted the Scrambler as well but my Dad thought the Super Hawk might get me in less trouble than the Scrambler!
Scramblers are faster...:biker: Only because their gearing! LOL! We Superhawkers had an answer and the sprockets seemed cheap back then.
 
67 305 Scrambler owner here. Man, that seemed like such a huge bike at the time. Got the opportunity to sit on one recently...it was so little!
 
My first bike was a Honda CL 100. Beautiful metallic orange with big chrome scrambler exhaust. With knobbies I felt I could go anywhere. Not sure I'd feel the same about a cb 1100 scrambler though. I'll bet we'll see one soon.


Kevin
 
Lambotte_imp said:
My first bike was a Honda CL 100. Beautiful metallic orange with big chrome scrambler exhaust. With knobbies I felt I could go anywhere. Not sure I'd feel the same about a cb 1100 scrambler though. I'll bet we'll see one soon.


Kevin
Not from Buck80 I would not think!
 
Thread starter
Honda may produce one for the Europeans(Doubtful)... They often get cool models that never make it to the New World...
 
Since we have ATV's and dirt bikes I seen no inspiration for a Scrambler CB1100 but if you really really want one Triumph makes one. And I guess they sell some of them. I think anything over 250cc is a waste in off road or rough road conditions.
 
Thread starter
bubblerboy64_imp said:
Since we have ATV's and dirt bikes I seen no inspiration for a Scrambler CB1100 but if you really really want one Triumph makes one. And I guess they sell some of them. I think anything over 250cc is a waste in off road or rough road conditions.
I thought about this concept because of the way in the mid 60's Honda had the 305 superhawk and 305 scrambler sitting next to each other on showroom floors(I'm not old enough to have witnessed this).

Of course we have all heard of the Triumph Scrambler unless we were kept in a Bubble, Boy they are a good looking bike btw...:beerchug:
Utah1_imp said:
Umm yea, had the Triumph 900 carb version and it was stupid fun, big regrets on letting that one go last year! In the right hands...

Scrambled Video




Great vid! I was wanting a Scrammie for a while...
 
Miss my scrammie !s and dirt bikes I seen no inspiration for a Scrambler CB1100 but if you really really want one Triumph makes one. And I guess they sell some of them. I think anything over 250cc is a waste in off road or rough road conditions.
[/QUOTE]

I thought about this concept because of the way in the mid 60's Honda had the 305 superhawk and 305 scrambler sitting next to each other on showroom floors(I'm not old enough to have witnessed this).

Of course we have all heard of the Triumph Scrambler unless we were kept in a Bubble, Boy they are a good looking bike btw...:beerchug:
Utah1_imp said:
Umm yea, had the Triumph 900 carb version and it was stupid fun, big regrets on letting that one go last year! In the right hands...

Scrambled Video




Great vid! I was wanting a Scrammie for a while...
[/QUOTE]
 
Back
Top