CB1000F new (old) horse in the honda stable

Wonder if that bike will make it to the USA. I like the naked appearance, but I HATE how all the new bikes have a stupid iPad for a tach/speedo. I'd seriously consider purchasing if it had analog style gauges like the CB1100.
 
MagnaRider said:
Wonder if that bike will make it to the USA. I like the naked appearance, but I HATE how all the new bikes have a stupid iPad for a tach/speedo. I'd seriously consider purchasing if it had analog style gauges like the CB1100.

Agreed.
I hate iPad cluster as well.
There is nothing better than analog style gauges!!
 
It is a sharp looking bike.  Per article that Cormanus links "The retuned engine produces 122 horsepower at 9,000rpm and 103 Nm at 8,000rpm, with revised cam timing and intake design giving it a stronger midrange and a distinct off-beat character"

I'm intrigued and would love to test-ride one.  I feel like I simply must know what a "distinct off-beat character" is like.  :biker:

And: regarding that "ipad cluster": I don't mind the display so much as I do the fact it sticks out there w/out the cowl (cowling?), which normally I don't like on motorcycles. But in this case, I'd prefer one with just to hide / protect the display.
 
Very cool bike, but a few years too late coming to the market for me
 
pdedse said:
It is a sharp looking bike.  Per article that Cormanus links "The retuned engine produces 122 horsepower at 9,000rpm and 103 Nm at 8,000rpm, with revised cam timing and intake design giving it a stronger midrange and a distinct off-beat character"

I'm intrigued and would love to test-ride one.  I feel like I simply must know what a "distinct off-beat character" is like.  :biker:

And: regarding that "ipad cluster": I don't mind the display so much as I do the fact it sticks out there w/out the cowl (cowling?), which normally I don't like on motorcycles.  But in this case, I'd prefer one with just to hide / protect the display.

That off-beat character is done a different way than it is on our bikes.

Intake funnel length has been extended 50mm to 140mm (compared to the Hornet), with minimum diameter now 36mm (from 42mm). The funnel inlet diameters vary: 40mm for the right pair and 50mm for the left. This creates a ‘pulsating’ intake sound as the throttle opens. Smoothed across its top section, the airbox matches the shape of the fuel tank and delivers the volume required for maximum airflow with reduced intake resistance.
 
Idk how i missed this, thanks for sharing!

Almost wish i didn't just see that Freddie Spencer body  :tear:

Briefly considered an XSR900 and even z900RS despite really disliking kawis but couldn't get past the hideous front mount radiator.

This one might just do it for me though, if it does indeed make it to the states

Heavy CB900F withdrawals after seeing that article. Miss that bike so much
 

Attachments

  • Cb9.webp
    Cb9.webp
    99.8 KB · Views: 54
Back
Top