soggybottom_imp
Running like a top
Thread starter
Got my trusty Hepco Becker 55 litre top box mounted along with a Plexifairing 3 I bought on fleebay. It is a 8803, action said it was for a 80 something Kaw, I did some research and found out there are many part numbers for this thing but could not see any noticeable difference in them, it was a best offer, I got it for $160 shipped, most others are $220 so I thought I'd gamble.
It is a tight fit like Flynrider posted in another thread but I got it lined up with tight clearance but nothing touches. Did a 40 mile ride yesterday and was very satisfied, I had my heated jacket liner with glove liners plugged in. Was 50 deg, by the time I got to my destination I was hot, the glove liners alone never worked that well in the wind but with the P3 hand guards the liners did their job.
Overall it was near Goldwing fairing as far as wind protection goes. This one is 21" tall from headlight, I'm 5'11" with 30" inseem, wide shoulders and extra thick a$$ so I sit fairly high and just looking over the top. Very little wind noise, no buffeting. The tank bag is a magnetic Givi, perfect secure fit.
