CB Music

Novice_imp

Been there
Thread starter
What tunes do you like to associate with your CB?

The ferret posted he thinks of this when he rides:




I think of this:




How about you?
 
My daughter just looked over my shoulder and said, "How seriously, like, old are these people?"

Cheers
To avoid the look of scorn I tell her I'm more the Nickelback type, or Dave Alvin. But with the latter I still get the country rock look of disdain.

Cheers and rock on.
 
Thread starter
Pterodactyl_imp said:
My daughter just looked over my shoulder and said, "How seriously, like, old are these people?"

Cheers
To avoid the look of scorn I tell her I'm more the Nickelback type, or Dave Alvin. But with the latter I still get the country rock look of disdain.

Cheers and rock on.
:rofl:
 
First I heard this was at the premier showing in Jacksonville of Easy Rider and still one of my favorites. Short and sweet.

The Byrds
 
Ptero..your daughter still says "like" in the middle of a sentence which has nothing to do with admiration? How old is SHE? 14?

Ahh "Turn Turn Turn" perfect for the roads I ride

Novice must ride a 14 std lol

I would have though Ptero would more have been an Elvis guy than a Nickleback (which honestly I had never heard of lol, but I googled them and they seem like "new" country which I think came in with Garth Brooks who I like btw)

edit: notice proper use of work "like" in the sentence above
 
I'm more of a 'Meatloaf' guy. That's the official album of my high school years, every word memorized. It was also my weight room music.

I just don't want to be ' torn and twisted at the foot of a burning bike'. I'd rather take 'paradise by the Dashboard lights'.
 
I listen to a wide variety of music when riding (and when my Bluetooth is working..another story for another day.). Mostly song that keep me energized and or have a rhythm that fits the riding conditions.
 
Music has been a important part of my life since I was young — I listen to a wide variety of genres.

But I must admit that this is the only music that I associate with my CB...




Ahh, the perfect soundtrack. :D
 
I have not purchased one of these Blue Tooth contraptions yet therefore I have not ever listened to anything but the wind. Buddy I ride with listens to sports and makes calls on his phone and when we stop at a red light he has to turn his blue tooth off when I try to talk to him. It just seems like a bit much. I wouldn't mind some music though, just as long as it isn't meatloaf! lol
 
Each time I hear the Dandy Warhols, I'm reminded of this CB1100 Review,
One of these days I gonna buy one of these newfangled flat glass things, I believe I heard someone call them "smart phone". I'm told they can store music and play it with tiny ear phones that fit under the helmet.
 
Pterodactyl_imp said:
Nickelback, country? Are you jossin?


Dave Alvin, yes. Texas country rock.

Cheers
Oh my.. that doesn't sound like the song I listened too called "Photograph" or something. That's more what I call headbanger music.

I don't listen to music when I ride,(other than the tunes that sometimes pop in my head).

Nothing but wind baby! :thumbsup:
 
Good thread! This song played in my head the first time I saw the bike.
It's from an Alka Seltzer commercial from the '60s. Now I find myself humming it inside my helmet.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Ptero..your daughter still says "like" in the middle of a sentence which has nothing to do with admiration? How old is SHE? 14?

Ahh "Turn Turn Turn" perfect for the roads I ride

Novice must ride a 14 std lol

I would have though Ptero would more have been an Elvis guy than a Nickleback (which honestly I had never heard of lol, but I googled them and they seem like "new" country which I think came in with Garth Brooks who I like btw)

edit: notice proper use of work "like" in the sentence above
Elvis! Elvis? Oh Ferret, how you mis-read me. Even back in the good-old-bad-old days I much preferred Chuck Berry or Jerry Lee Lewis.

But I think it is time for me to come out of the closet. I am truly what some may call an "Opera Buff" and, second to that, most forms of classical music. In most cases though it doesn't go well with wind noise though, too great a dynamic range.

I like to listen to a great variety of music when I'm cruising, not so much when turning, and the Bose QC20i in-ears sure facilitate that. When ready one click and no music but still noise cancelling. Easy.

Cheers
 
Meat Loaf's Bat Out Of Hell certainly is one of the best ever. I wore out two copies in vinyl and am now on my second or third CD. Even my daughter thinks it's a great classic, I had to buy her her own copy.

IMO, You can't beat these songs on the two CD set titled
Harley Davidson Road Songs ( from 1994 )to get your motor running.

NLA as new unless you want to pay >$50, but used on Amazon runs about $9.

Disc: 1

1. Against The Wind - Bob Seger
2. Fire On The Mountain - Marshall Tucker Band
3. Let It Roll - Little Feat
4. Call Me The Breeze - Lynyrd Skynyrd
5. Statesboro Blues - Allman Brothers
6. Green Grass And High Tides - Outlaws
7. Ridin' The Storm Out - REO Speedwagon
8. Bad Company - Bad Company
9. Wild Child - W.A.S.P.
10. Hot Blooded - Foreigner
11. Thirty Days In The Hole - Humble Pie
12. That Smell - Lynryd Skynyrd
13. Devil Went Down To Georgia - Charlie Daniels Band
14. Born To Be Wild - Steppenwolf
15. Ballad Of Easy Rider - Byrds


Disc: 2

1. Radar Love - Golden Earring
2. All Right Now - Free
3. Highway 49 - George Thorogood
4. I Can't Drive 55 - Sammy Hagar
5. Cat Scratch Fever - Ted Nugent
6. Hair Of The Dog - Nazareth
7. Once Bitten Twice Shy - Great White
8. Sign Of The Gypsy Queen - April Wine
9. Sacred Ground - Craig Chaquico
10. Ride The Tiger - Jefferson Starship
11. On The Road Again - Canned Heat
12. The Weight - Band
13. Rockin' Down The Highway - Doobie Brothers
14. Ride Ride Ride - Foghat
15. Highway Lady - UFO
 
I can't say that any particular music reminds me of the CB but when I ride and I'm plugged into the IPhone I usually have a couple of play lists set up just for riding...much of those lists are comprised of "classic rock" with Led Zep...Fleetwood Mac, Eagles, AC/DC etc. figuring prominently. Newer stuff includes clutch, Eddy Vedder on his own and so forth

Here's an artist I just recently found out about....Has some great stuff....very unpretentious and raw sounding.

Fred Eaglesmith...this is his tribute song To Johnny Cash


Also check out his Rifles and Pistols, Jericho, etc etc..
 
Guth_imp said:
Music has been a important part of my life since I was young — I listen to a wide variety of genres.

But I must admit that this is the only music that I associate with my CB...




Ahh, the perfect soundtrack. :D
I'm with Guth on this one...whatever bike I'm on...it's the engine's sound that really moves me. Of course, there might be some Beatles playing inside my head...
 
The ferret_imp said:
Ptero..your daughter still says "like" in the middle of a sentence which has nothing to do with admiration? How old is SHE? 14?

Ahh "Turn Turn Turn" perfect for the roads I ride

Novice must ride a 14 std lol

I would have though Ptero would more have been an Elvis guy than a Nickleback (which honestly I had never heard of lol, but I googled them and they seem like "new" country which I think came in with Garth Brooks who I like btw)

edit: notice proper use of work "like" in the sentence above
Nickelback as country? You puttin' us on?
 
Back
Top