CB in crate

Razor

Been there
Thread starter
Had an opportunity to grab some pics while the bike is still in the "crate".

964eb1f6980f680d81c9943b206f93dd.jpg


02256d993492bb12d9ad6e8a6d4728df.jpg


50d27af62c2bb2dc453a0ab30f5e80bc.jpg


253f39f9449a589cafd7c47855b3a65d.jpg


Plans are to pick up the bike next Monday :excited:
 
Ray did you check to see if it had oil in it? always a big discussion around here if the bikes come with oil or if the dealer fills them.

My service manager said it's comes with the oil in it.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Ray did you check to see if it had oil in it? always a big discussion around here if the bikes come with oil or if the dealer fills them.

My service manager said it's comes with the oil in it.
I was wondering the same thing..........

Edit:
Had oil......Thanks Razor
 
Thread starter
Ack-CB11_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Ray did you check to see if it had oil in it? always a big discussion around here if the bikes come with oil or if the dealer fills them.

My service manager said it's comes with the oil in it.
I was wondering the same thing..........

Edit:
Had oil......Thanks Razor
I was wondering the same thing.......... Yup, came with oii.
 
Mate, looks real good. Do not ride it. Frame it and take it straight to the pool room.

Cheers

WARNING: this post contains traces of obscure Aussie humour.
 
If, when you pick it up, the plastic has all gone from the seat, you will know your dealer at least knows how to remove the seat.

Great shots. They'll be great to have when you've put 100,000 miles on it.
 
I got to do the same thing when my '13 arrived. The dealer has a huge warehouse/assembly facility for their bikes, atvs, watercraft. The sales guy took me over to see it unpacked and built. Pretty neat.
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
I got to do the same thing when my '13 arrived. The dealer has a huge warehouse/assembly facility for their bikes, atvs, watercraft. The sales guy took me over to see it unpacked and built. Pretty neat.
Lucky man. I found mine, unwanted, in the rear of the showroom. It had sat there for more than a year. Bit like picking the runt of the litter at the dog pound.

Cheers

On the positive side it gave me a little edge in the ensuing negotiations.
 
Pterodactyl_imp said:
The Spaceman_imp said:
I got to do the same thing when my '13 arrived. The dealer has a huge warehouse/assembly facility for their bikes, atvs, watercraft. The sales guy took me over to see it unpacked and built. Pretty neat.
Lucky man. I found mine, unwanted, in the rear of the showroom. It had sat there for more than a year. Bit like picking the runt of the litter at the dog pound.

Cheers

On the positive side it gave me a little edge in the ensuing negotiations.
Cheers

On the positive side it gave me a little edge in the ensuing negotiations.
And my "negotiating tactic" was standing there watching the bike get built with drool running down my shirt and a boner the size of Texas. It was the first CB sold in S FL, and needless to say they had their way with me.

On the upside; a year and a half and 10k miles later I'm still nuts for the bike and haven't had a moment where I wushed I'd bought a '14 CB or other bike.

"Any deal is fair when both sides are satisfied with the outcome".
 
Razor_imp said:
Ack-CB11_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Ray did you check to see if it had oil in it? always a big discussion around here if the bikes come with oil or if the dealer fills them.

My service manager said it's comes with the oil in it.
I was wondering the same thing..........

Edit:
Had oil......Thanks Razor
I was wondering the same thing.......... Yup, came with oii.
I was wondering the same thing.......... Yup, came with oii.
What are the pros/cons of a bike coming from the factory with oil?
 
InDC_imp said:
Razor_imp said:
Ack-CB11_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Ray did you check to see if it had oil in it? always a big discussion around here if the bikes come with oil or if the dealer fills them.

My service manager said it's comes with the oil in it.
I was wondering the same thing..........

Edit:
Had oil......Thanks Razor
I was wondering the same thing.......... Yup, came with oii.
I was wondering the same thing.......... Yup, came with oii.
What are the pros/cons of a bike coming from the factory with oil?
The big "Pro" is that you aren't relying on the dealership service department to put it in, put in the right amount, and put in the right type. And as stupid as it is, vehicles are delivered to buyers having no oil with startling frequency. A lady I work with recently drove her brand new Chevy Malibu home from the dealer with a dry sump.
 
Geez. I never thought of that. I need to remember to check my vehicles, even after I pick them up from service.
 
Stuff happens. They could have started out doing it properly then stopped in the middle to answer the phone, help a customer, go take a leak, or go to lunch.

You're also not relying on them to tighten everything to specs or to do it properly.
An oil change place once left the old oil filter gasket on the engine of my car and spun on a new filter with gasket attached. Luckily I only had to drive from there to a store, about 2 miles or so. When I got out of the car, I noticed a slow thin river of oil coming from underneath.
 
Not to jack the thread more than it already has, but ClassicVW, what's with the name? My first car, even though it belonged to my parent's, was a '67 Beetle (The Summer of Love Bug). My brother, sister, and I learned to drive in that car and still talk about it to this day.
 
Back
Top