CB at the bike DR..

jchoby_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Took my CB into service (5 days left on the warranty)…it's been there for 4 days now. About a week before I took it in, it started acting a little funny. A few times, I'd start it cold and rather than go to high idle, it struggled at 500 RPM and sounded like a cylinder or two was not firing. Another time it started normal and after I let it warm up and blipped the throttle, it did the same thing for about a second or two. Anyway, I hope they can track and fix the problem. It's sad not seeing the red sled in the garage in the mornings.

One the plus side, I pick up a Ural side car rig in the morning to add to my garage…nutty, I know, but I can ride it in the snow.
 
Hmmm...that is disturbing. Good thing you took it in when you did! Good luck with getting it resolved, please keep us posted!!

grover
 
Yea, not heard of anything like that. keep us up to date on what they find..

And congrats on the Ural. Rather rare and unusual. Did you get the 2 WD model?
 
I can't wait to see the Ural side car mounted up! Definitely post some pics when you get it attached. I'm sure the bugs will get worked out on the CB. Where should we send the get well cards to?
 
does look wild. what is it like to drive..ride?
 
Thread starter
It's a handful…. No graceful counter steer in corners. You have to really pull it towards where you want it to go. The side car pulls you right on acceleration and to the left on deceleration but it is fun. It is definitely not made to roll at speed on highways but it's great for the state routes and back roads. This model has a selectable 2 wheel drive for when it gets muddy or slick; they are know for being able to run through several inches of snow. We'll see what happens in the coming months..
 
Love it! Please tell me you wear a scarf and goggles while riding it. Haha. Have you seen the sidecar races on the Isle of Man? Incredible stuff. Sure, they're a little different than the Ural but something to work up to!

 
Somewhere I'm sure I've a photo of a Ural with sidecar at the Phillip Island GP. I'll find it when I get home.
 
jchoby_imp said:
Took my CB into service (5 days left on the warranty)…it's been there for 4 days now. About a week before I took it in, it started acting a little funny. A few times, I'd start it cold and rather than go to high idle, it struggled at 500 RPM and sounded like a cylinder or two was not firing. Another time it started normal and after I let it warm up and blipped the throttle, it did the same thing for about a second or two. Anyway, I hope they can track and fix the problem. It's sad not seeing the red sled in the garage in the mornings.

One the plus side, I pick up a Ural side car rig in the morning to add to my garage…nutty, I know, but I can ride it in the snow.
Hope things work out.
 
Thread starter
Well Honda did not find anything wrong with the CB and rest the ECU…. Hmm, perhaps I got a bit of bad gas from one of the back road stations. Anyway, I will pick it during the week…when it's a bit warmer.
 
Back
Top