CB 1100 final edition on its way !

franov_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Honda CB1100 Final Edition | News | Bennetts

it's official, it comes from their official twitter!

Very curious about it, even if sadly due to emission regulations we won't see it in Europe, and I think neither in the USA..

think it will be something like a revised paint scheme, some special parts and a celebrative tag (maybe following the whitehouse trend something very Cb750 four-ish..)
 
While every effort has been made to ensure the display of accurate data, the vehicle description may not reflect accurate vehicle information. All Inventory listed is subject to prior sale. The vehicle photo displayed may be an example only. Some vehicles shown come with unavailable optional equipment. See the actual vehicle for complete accuracy of features, unavailable options & above market pricing. Because of the single possible combination of vehicle model, style, color and unavailable options, the vehicle pictures on this site may not reflect any vehicle produced previously, currently or in the future, thus vehicle may not resemble vehicle shown. Honda is not responsible for pricing or availability.
New vehicle pricing does not include taxes, Agency Fees, title fees, registration fees, and pre-delivery service fees, which charges represent costs and profits to the dealer for items such as inspecting, assembly, and preparing documents related to the sale.  Price does not include any unavailable installed accessories. See your dealer for complete details.

*Offer void everywhere except Japan and The United Kingdom.
 
Well, I hope we see one more edition. If it's Whitehous-ish I may have to go dig up a can in the back yard and put one in the garage. Mine has 62,000 miles on it now and would probably last as long as I can ride, given that I bought the NC 750X to keep the miles off of it.
 
The end of the air-cooled magic
3982dc3ebc4a9914e284238c0a77690e.png
perhaps Guzzi will punch out another bike or two with an air-cooled motor, but even their newest large(er) displacement bike recently spied in Italy the V100 is a water-cooled lump, don't know if Indian still has a fully air-cooled engine in their lineup and how long that's going to last. HD has gone water-cooled completely with the XL1200 death. Excellent times to go into antifreeze business lol

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
I wonder if there will be a water-cooled lawnmower engine. :) Or people will just sublimely slip into using electric mowers?

(I know Tod, UAE, "lawnmower", ... who cares?)
 
Might be camera flash, might be my imagination, but it looks like they copied what I did to my engine covers.


I’ll be looking forward to this to see if there are any new interesting parts.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I reckon the Euro X standard will eventually wind down the displacement sizes over the next many years until it is no longer acceptable to get 400 kms on one gallon of dino.
 
I'm betting it's Honda just probing.. And if it's real North America won't be getting it. Hate to be a party pooper..

However, Kawi is finally making a Z650rs...

I like my 2014 with the retuned ECU.. Only if Honda tuned them to be simultaniously friendly and a bipolar b!tch like the Guhl tune does..
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
I wonder if there will be a water-cooled lawnmower engine. :) Or people will just sublimely slip into using electric mowers?

(I know Tod, UAE, "lawnmower", ... who cares?)
You'd actually be surprised how many people have lawns and care about them more than they would for their children. Me - no
be2a6ca26ebfbbcfc8900dadf1fa69be.png


'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
The article does state last of the air-cooled 4-cyl, not last of the air-cooled bikes which are still quite a few of. It is just lamenting the end of the in-line 4-cyl air cooled bikes, the likes from Japan that crushed the British Motorcycle manufacturers. I can't imagine Honda will be doing much more than a paint job, it would be too expensive to tool up for anything radical for such a small production run. It won't make it to the European market due to emissions, this bike has 100% gone for us.
 
michael1954_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Glad I have two CB1100
I think I made a mistake selling the 3rd CB1100 I had, the 2013 red one.:(
But my DLX still has less than 400 miles on it!:celebrate:
I think I made a mistake selling the 3rd CB1100 I had, the 2013 red one.:(
But my DLX still has less than 400 miles on it!:celebrate:
Michael, two CBs are plenty
 
tod.branko_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
I wonder if there will be a water-cooled lawnmower engine. :) Or people will just sublimely slip into using electric mowers?

(I know Tod, UAE, "lawnmower", ... who cares?)
You'd actually be surprised how many people have lawns and care about them more than they would for their children. Me - no
be2a6ca26ebfbbcfc8900dadf1fa69be.png


'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
You'd actually be surprised how many people have lawns and care about them more than they would for their children. Me - no
ecf114c43d83d7e8297b7d044a9430c3.png


'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
So-kay Tod - "lawn care" is such a man-made burden and means nothing in the end. (means nothing before the end)

Savor each and every ride. Remember the rumble. Take it with when you are done here.
 
Back
Top