Capo at the Isle of Man TT 2014

Watching the superbike coverage makes me really want an HP4. I'll be ready for the Isle of Nan TT. :)
The IOM race and FMX jumping have got to be the ballziest things on 2 wheels.
The IOM on-board camera shots are just amazing, gives me goosebumps everytime!
I miss riding fast!
 
Thread starter
Hey all, another great day, lots of fine racing, fun riding and too many pub stops last night. Here's my latest installment and photos for motorcycle.com, it captures the part of my annual TT trips that I value as much or more than the races themselves. Hope you like it, and please share, like, forward or whatever else you do on the inter webs!

Off The Grid on the Isle of Man
 
I watched the sidecar races last night. That is insane...there is no amount of money that would get me on that little "sidecar" hanging on while someone else whipped that vehicle along those tree and stone-lined roads. Talk about trust...

The rigs sure have come a long way since I last saw one of these. It looks like they've got a radiator in the "car" part, an intake snorkel up above the bodywork, actually it really looks like a single vehicle vs. a bike with an attachment.
 
I am green with envy.

Tried to go for the first time last year, having missed out when my mates went in '78, but had to cancel last minute (long story). Thankfully Messrs Easy Jet gave us a credit as did our landlady. Couldn't go this year either (same long story), so have had to console myself with the coverage on ITV4.

However, it is not all gloom and doom; we are booked to go to the Classic TT at the end of August! Probably more my thing anyway. Happy days!

Anyway the point of this post wasn't too look for your sympathy but to ask you from whom did you hire your bike, would you recommend them and do you feel you had value for money (ie how much did you pay). Jason Griffiths wants £150 a day which seams a bit steep, but if you tell me that's the going rate I will have to dig deep!
Oh yes and did you hire gear as well or did you pay extra to take a suitcase in the hold? Gatwick security would probably take a dim view of me trying to board in a crash hat and I don't suppose for a minute I could cram it all in the overhead.

I can only imagine the atmosphere you must be experiencing now it is all over.

Thanks mate.
 
Thread starter
Dengie yes it was Jason, and it's not cheap, but IMHO, worth it. I'm on my way home now and happy to take offline via PM, and provide any guidance and connections you might need. Ping me after the weekend. And you'll love the Classic, I hope to go next year.
 
Just checked an email from Jason and it was actually £180 a day for a Hinckley Bonnie!
Just finished watching the ITV4 senior coverage, I was rooting for Guy or Bruce but bloody hell can't that young Dunlop boy fly - no, not his big brother!
Will contact you as you suggest, thanks.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
 
Helmets can be pretty personal. I fly a lot and on occasion have seen folks carry there helmets on. I think they still have the rest of there gear in baggage, but feel better that there helmet isn't being punted around.
 
Heard he got a broken leg from it. Could have been much worse.

All in all, the best IOMTT TV coverage ever. Thanks Capo for your posts. Really enjoyed reading them.
 
Great posts, Capo. Cheers.
 
Another goody. Have to go one day.
 
Capo thanks for sharing your working vacation with us! I have really enjoyed your articles and pictures. You have made the Isle of Man TT 2014 very interesting for me this year.
Travel safe and enjoy the rest of your vacation.
 
Back
Top