Capo at the Isle of Man TT 2014

Capo

Road warrior
Thread starter
Hey, all, I've begun my trip, and will try and fill you in along the way. Trip started for me with a couple of nights in London with a good friend, capped by an enjoyable, intimate evening with writer PJ O'Roarke, who read from his new book on The Baby Boom generation, and provided great commentary, insights and laughs in the interview.

I'm off to the IOM in the morning, will Marshal tomorrow's practice session, and get settled in for an amazing 10 days. I pick up my rental bike on Thursday. Here's the report from today's practice session, they are already hitting huge speeds and dicing over the mountain:

Tuesday practice report - iomtt.com: The World's #1 TT Website
 
Cool Capo. Have fun and be sure to check in and let is know how things are going from time to time.
 
Thread starter
Question, guys, did the link to the article in my first post on this thread show up? It's not appearing on Tapatalk, unless I go in to edit.
 
Capo_imp said:
Hey, all, I've begun my trip, and will try and fill you in along the way. Trip started for me with a couple of nights in London with a good friend, capped by an enjoyable, intimate evening with writer PJ O'Roarke, who read from his new book on The Baby Boom generation, and provided great commentary, insights and laughs in the interview.

I'm off to the IOM in the morning, will Marshal tomorrow's practice session, and get settled in for an amazing 10 days. I pick up my rental bike on Thursday. Here's the report from today's practice session, they are already hitting huge speeds and dicing over the mountain:

Tuesday practice report - iomtt.com: The World's #1 TT Website
 
P J O'Rourke is hysterically funny when he wants to be. I don't go along with most of his politics, but he makes his points well. I have two of his books; "Modern Manners" and "Give War a Chance." If you aren't familiar with his stuff it's definitely worth a read.
 
Thread starter
I agree, Space, he's not aligned with me politically, but he's a great writer and a real wit. Back to the topic at hand, I worked my marshal post just past Ago's leap today, after a day touring. I've got a Tiger 800 as my rental bike, and in that own one, the controls fall readily to hand. It's the ideal bike for touring the single track roads and hills of the IOM which I enjoy more than ripping across the mountain...although I do that too.
7e6da733c5a26c01b653539aeb208f82.jpg
f3cb812519f4b6271699e431d62b0cda.jpg
bc686497fe2b7ae3281f134521a0da56.jpg
 
Excellent. Isle of Man TT is on my hubby's bucket list. Don't know if we'll ever make it, but reading about your adventure there will be almost as fun. Maybe, LOL.
 
Thread starter
Hey, CB11'ers, things are heating up here, and the first race day is tomorrow. I'll be watching from a few vantage points, pictures to follow. But my most recent article was published today, this one on the incredible challenges of capturing the TT for TV and video. It's not directly about bikes, but I hope you like it...some good pix too! Here's the link:

Covering the 2014 Isle of Man TT Races
 
Great overview Capo,

My day job is helping get live (mostly stick and ball sporting) events on the air. People are surprised to here it takes 6 to 7 hours to set up for a simple 5 camera basketball show, or we are there a day early setting up for a college football game. Think about the time required to nail down the logistics and engineering for this race. I actually think live is usually "easier" then post edited shows, but the nature of a TT this size means that it almost has to be edited. And to do the editing that quickly is even harder.

Keep up the reports.
 
Thread starter
So many great bikes to be seen here, not on the course, but around the island, as over 11000 bikes are brought over across the fortnight. Here are a few. A Silk cafe racer (look up Silk motorcycles for their history, very interesting) a Z-Rex outfit, a matching set of Yammie RD's and a Norton P-11, not unlike my own, save that it's owner has the balls to use it for a trip here. More to come!
b7dffab8ae57546f6ebf744f9ba7bbeb.jpg
e3d422ccae01c5206cd4e5f44b3392f1.jpg
2fe16a8eec09f8dc87d6e4d45ecbfce9.jpg
713b862ffcf68933059547705915718c.jpg
 
Great report and pictures Capo. Thanks for sharing. The HD cameras produce some amazing footage.
 
Back
Top