Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.


Riko, below are some photos of the caps on my bike. The cover has been off three times for valve checks. All is OK and these photos may help. When re-installing the cover the packing (gasket) needs, after inspection for condition, to be replaced carefully. The cut outs need a sealant applied before reassembly.Riko_imp said:Hi,
is it normal the cylinder cap on the head sticks out a bit?
Its the one on the right, the rear one.
In this exploded view, part number 2
![]()
Thx
yeah, I see on the cap piece does have a lip on the bottom, but I dont think that serves as a seal what so ever.Lord Popgun_imp said:To me the uncircled one looks in too far, but it may be the picture.
The circled one, to me at first glance, looked a little cocked.
I have not had my cover off yet, hopefully someone who has will chime in. But, the book has you put sealant at the simi-circles where the cover meets the head so just pushing or banging it back in may result in a leak. If there is a gap I'm surprised it's not leaking now.
You might have to remove the cover to get this right.
Rico, on the part pic you posted, the cap looks to have a piece that lips on the inside of the head and that would position them, and provide a seal on the bottom I guess.

:biker: