Canadian or European CB

Greg Davis_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I have a 2013 with 500 miles on it. However, I really, really, love the spoke wheels, the 4 into 2 pipes. I was thinking about trying to purchase a CB from either Canada, if they offer spokes and pipes. I just don't that to go through the expense or hassel of converting mine. Rather buy another CB Anyone know how this might be accomplished or if Canada has a CB with spokes and pipes. ?? thank you
 
I think it takes new calipers and and spacer work on the rear at least. There is a thread somewhere that explains it. Not a cheap mod.

Ok, here is one guy that did it. Post 3. wire spoke wheels
 
The CBs that come stock with spoked wheels are the EX models sold in Europe and Japan. Unless you have very deep pockets and a lot of time and patience, I wouldn't recommend trying to import one. Before you could pick up your bike at the port it would have to go through a DOT and EPA process to change everything to U.S. standards. I used to know a guy that imported high end cars and the process cost thousands and routinely took 6-8 weeks (and that's for someone who did it on a regular basis).

You'd be much better off buying the parts and having a local mechanic install 'em.
 
Greg Davis_imp said:
I have a 2013 with 500 miles on it. However, I really, really, love the spoke wheels, the 4 into 2 pipes. I was thinking about trying to purchase a CB from either Canada, if they offer spokes and pipes. I just don't that to go through the expense or hassel of converting mine. Rather buy another CB Anyone know how this might be accomplished or if Canada has a CB with spokes and pipes. ?? thank you
Hi, just an FYI- Canadian CB11 owner here and I can tell you the Canadian version of the CB11 comes w/ 4 into 1 only and does not offer spokes. Sorry.
 
Is Honda still making it though, or are they still trying to clear out the remaining 13-14s and just keeping the bike on the website to make this easier? It's basically impossible for a company to change a model year after the fact, so they can't reissue "old" inventory.
 
kmoney_imp said:
Is Honda still making it though, or are they still trying to clear out the remaining 13-14s and just keeping the bike on the website to make this easier? It's basically impossible for a company to change a model year after the fact, so they can't reissue "old" inventory.
Yeah, I think they are clearing out '13 and '14 inventory. Odd, that the ST1300 is still on the Honda USA website. The last model year was 2012 so I doubt there is any "new" inventory left to clear out.

http://powersports.honda.com/2012/st1300.aspx
 
For the right price , like $6995 I'd buy another ST 1300 just to keep for back up lol
 
kmoney_imp said:
Is Honda still making it though, or are they still trying to clear out the remaining 13-14s and just keeping the bike on the website to make this easier? It's basically impossible for a company to change a model year after the fact, so they can't reissue "old" inventory.

if its old inventory your right, never thought of that.
 
Back
Top