Can?t wait...darn weather!

$160 to ride a ski lift to the top a couple of times in a day? I could see $30 or $40. Dang ..... glad I don't ski.
 
The ferret_imp said:
$160 to ride a ski lift to the top a couple of times in a day? I could see $30 or $40. Dang ..... glad I don't ski.
Heck, even with today's gas prices I couldn't burn that amount on a full day of riding from morning to night. Man, throw in some grub and maybe still cannot reach that amount.

So what is the day's choice? Riding a motorcycle, or ... skiiing? Ride? Or ski? Ride? ... or ski? Difficult decision? No.
 
Wow! I don't remember it from the film, and I would ride-ski that Budapest bike in a New York second! Very cool.

Otherwise, choice? Comparing motorcycling and skiing is like comparing sex and sex. My answer is yes.

(Incidentally, all of them can share words like riding, positioning, bumps, protection, finesse, grace, speed, power, curves, boots, beauty, views, thrills, danger, wax, and leather.)

Oh yeah, this is a weather thread.. -5 deg F coming soon. No moto this week.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
... show context examples of leather.
Preferrably not. The imagination is a wonderful thing.
 
Thread starter
Meanwhile in the heartland, we awoke to -35 wind chill and blowing snow.
So with apologies to GO and Ferret, no riding for me today.
inditx
 
Yea I "PROBABLY" wouldn't ride in that either (it would be a last minute decision) :rofl:
 
inditx_imp said:
Meanwhile in the heartland, we awoke to -35 wind chill and blowing snow.
So with apologies to GO and Ferret, no riding for me today.
inditx
Yeah, the blowing snow is a show-stopper. :dodgy:
 
No complaints here, chilly but clear for the morning ride. I just took delivery of a new jacket, a Scorpion "Stealth Pack" with a built-in back pack. I was excited about it, but it does not come equipped with a thermal liner and is on the light side, so I'll wait to test it when my morning commute is a bit warmer.

I know the rest of you are about to be hit with a giant blizzard and I have no room to compain, but... Whaaaaa!
Looking like rain here all next week, while I'm off of work, and have an Enfield 650 booked for rental. I'll have to wait till I have a free day and nice weather. I was planning to change the brake and clutch fluid on my bikes while I'm off, so I can at least do some fiddling in the garage next week.
 
Gone: Milk the Enfield 650 rental maximally with close-up snaps and/or video so that the Forum can enjoy them while you suffer replaying them over-and-over-and-over again in agonizing indecision. :)

You can make many happy.
 
Ha! Don't worry, GO. I fancy myself a budding moto YouTuber. I've been using my GoPro as a dash cam, but I've started posting some footage. I plan to take a full day with the 650, hitting the L.A. spots where I go on a hookey riding day, and I'll grab video and photos.

Since I'll most likely be renting in January after the world goes back to work, I can do a good evaluation of how it handles in heavy traffic too, which makes it more of a "real world" test for me.
 
Back
Top